I just ordered the same one, then ordered the USB BDM NT from Canada so I can play bdm tooDavidBraley wrote:Just did a full read using PCM Hammer 012 of a 12586243 1 meg P59 using my shiny new Xpro VT USB device (USB only, no Bluetooth). Took only 4 minutes and 28 seconds. This thing is smoking fast! I'll play more with it tomorrow and report back...
PCM Hammer Release 012
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
-
DavidBraley
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
- cars: 1948 GMC
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
I think you will be super happy with both!In-Tech wrote:I just ordered the same one, then ordered the USB BDM NT from Canada so I can play bdm too![]()
-David
I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
-
NSFW
- Posts: 802
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Heads up for anyone getting an OBDX Pro for use with PCM Hammer: only use that combo for workbench flashing for now. I had great results that way, but my 2nd in-car reflash didn't go well and I had to pull the PCM and re-do it on my bench. The hardware is fine, but the app just needs some tuning to work well with it. I hope to have a new release in a week or so to fix this.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
-
ShorTuning
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:42 am
- cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula - Location: On the Dyno
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Killer work fellas!
-
tonyorlo
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:12 am
- cars: 91 s10 v8 megasquirt
72 karmann ghia
94 jaguar xj6 to be LS swapped
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
I installed PCM hammer onto my computer today, I first installed Version 009 but then saw this thread and installed 012. I am using OBDX Pro VT USB and a switched bench harness. When starting the program I go to the select device tab, but under the serial port drop down there are no options. Under the device select drop down OBDX Pro is an option. Did I not install it correctly?
AND, Thank you for all you folks have done!
AND, Thank you for all you folks have done!
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Not a PcmHammer issue.tonyorlo wrote:I installed PCM hammer onto my computer today, I first installed Version 009 but then saw this thread and installed 012. I am using OBDX Pro VT USB and a switched bench harness. When starting the program I go to the select device tab, but under the serial port drop down there are no options. Under the device select drop down OBDX Pro is an option. Did I not install it correctly?
AND, Thank you for all you folks have done!
I would venture to guess it is a OBDX Pro VT installation issue. Divers didn't get installed or failed to install.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Sounds about right. Drivers wont be installed for the scantool.Gampy wrote: Not a PcmHammer issue.
I would venture to guess it is a OBDX Pro VT installation issue. Divers didn't get installed or failed to install.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
tonyorlo
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:12 am
- cars: 91 s10 v8 megasquirt
72 karmann ghia
94 jaguar xj6 to be LS swapped
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
You are both correct, I did not have the driver installed for the OBDX Pro. I installed it successfully, but there was no change in version 012. I opened up version 009 since it was already installed and it seemed to let me do more. It wouldn't let me save the file from the pcm. I took a few screen shots. I will start a new thread so I am not cluttering up this one with unrelated info.
-
Jim Blackwood
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
- cars: 1971 MGB/340 Buick/TKO/Jag IRS
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
1996 MCI 102DL3
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
OK this is kinda strange. I just downloaded V.12 and when I test the comm link with the OBDLink LX on comm4 it tests successfully but then when I check "OK" under "Device" it shows "No device selected" and all the options are greyed out. I've attached the log file.
Jim
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Sorry, I have no way to open that docx ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!