Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
The biggest PITA of a daily with wideband is having to wait for led to stop flashing every time before you hit the key.... doesn’t sound like much but just going to shops to grab something quick makes you second guess taking it!
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
the flashing light just means its not up to temp, no reason you cant just start it straight away and drive.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
They actually state not to start it fully heated as the moisture hitting the hot sensor could damage it. The best is to start it right away and let the exhaust and sensor heat up together.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
I was pretty sure that with my earlier(not 4.9) wideband from innovate lm2 they stated to make sure it wasn’t run before heat up period.
But I trust you guys are right & will save me stuffing around time for trips now!
But I trust you guys are right & will save me stuffing around time for trips now!
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
Just double checked to be sure I remembered right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
I would suggest either a Oil Pressure Switch or the Alternator stator to signal a relay to power the sensor only after the engine is running.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
Good advice. When preparing for a bag test at CARB we don't have that luxury but that's beyond the scope of this 
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
Bag Test?
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
CARB = California Air Resources Board...Emissions from each phase are collected in a separate sampling bag...
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Continuous use Wideband O2 Sensor
I am originally from Northern Ca, Near Mendocino, so unfortunately I am familiar with CARB. I have made many trips to your area buying older classics ... Rust free iron!
I didn't know they were bagging the shit now days, never heard of it. sure glad I left that state in 08/96, sure do miss the weather though!
What do they do with the bags, the politicians recycling them for vape balloons?
I didn't know they were bagging the shit now days, never heard of it. sure glad I left that state in 08/96, sure do miss the weather though!
What do they do with the bags, the politicians recycling them for vape balloons?
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!