Maybe this will be better.
Jim
PCM Hammer Release 012
-
Jim Blackwood
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
- cars: 1971 MGB/340 Buick/TKO/Jag IRS
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
1996 MCI 102DL3
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
converted it for ya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Yes, Thank you.
I assume there is an 'OK' following the 'AT ST 20' (last visible line) and is the last line ...
Interesting.
Thank you In-Tech.
I assume there is an 'OK' following the 'AT ST 20' (last visible line) and is the last line ...
Interesting.
Thank you In-Tech.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Hi all,
Gampy, try using Libre Office. https://www.libreoffice.org/
It is a free alternative to Microsoft Office.
Mike
Gampy, try using Libre Office. https://www.libreoffice.org/
It is a free alternative to Microsoft Office.
Mike
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Mr. Jim Blackwood,
Would you please try this ...
Close: PcmHammer
Delete: PcmHammer.exe.Config
....It will be in the same directory that PcmHammer.exe is.
Open: PcmHammer
Select Button: Select Device
Select: Serial Port
Select: Device Type
Select: Ok
No Test button ...
Thank you.
Would you please try this ...
Close: PcmHammer
Delete: PcmHammer.exe.Config
....It will be in the same directory that PcmHammer.exe is.
Open: PcmHammer
Select Button: Select Device
Select: Serial Port
Select: Device Type
Select: Ok
No Test button ...
Thank you.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Bah Humbug ... Gotta eat them words!Gampy wrote:Sorry, I have no way to open that docx ...
I didn't try WordPad 6.1 (Win7).
Sorry folks.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Jim Blackwood
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
- cars: 1971 MGB/340 Buick/TKO/Jag IRS
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
1996 MCI 102DL3
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
OK tried that. Pretty much the same result. Whether I run Test or not it still says no device selected. Log attached.
Jim
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Mr. Jim Blackwood,
Does PcmHammer version 011 do the same thing, or does it fully initialize??
Are you willing to work with me and try a test version or two if needed??
Thank you
Does PcmHammer version 011 do the same thing, or does it fully initialize??
Are you willing to work with me and try a test version or two if needed??
Thank you
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Jim Blackwood
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
- cars: 1971 MGB/340 Buick/TKO/Jag IRS
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
1996 MCI 102DL3
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
OK I've got part of this figured out and that's good.
Much depends on what directory you unpack the zip file into. I put it on the desktop and it worked just fine, at least as far as detecting the device and selecting it. beyond that i still have a problem which I will get to.
So, If you attempt to put it into some directory such as C:\Program Files (x86), then it will post an error message about Admin privileges which is the clue to this problem. On the desktop it doesn't do that and it works.
Now the next problem is an old one and it's been long enough since I last got around it that I don't remember the cause:
[04:33:59:857] PCM Hammer 012
[04:34:00:768] Thanks for using PCM Hammer.
[04:34:01:997] Voltage: 13.5V
[04:34:02:006] Elm ID: ELM327 v1.3a
[04:34:02:030] ScanTool device ID: STN1155 v4.6.1
[04:34:16:680] C:\Users\Jim\Documents\MG\First Files\MGBaGHN5UB240478G.bin
[04:34:26:703] Validating 512k file.
[04:34:26:708] Start End Stored Needed Verdict Segment Name
[04:34:26:721] 00000 7FFFD 3D37 3D37 Good Operating system
[04:34:26:728] 08002 13FFF 2D82 2D82 Good Engine calibration
[04:34:26:736] 14002 16DFF BF5D BF5D Good Engine diagnostics.
[04:34:26:746] 16E02 1BDFF 5D3A 5D3A Good Transmission calibration
[04:34:26:757] 1BE02 1C7FF 7BF9 7BF9 Good Transmission diagnostics
[04:34:26:769] 1C802 1E51F 6D0C 6D0C Good Fuel system
[04:34:26:785] 1E522 1EE9F DBD4 DBD4 Good System
[04:34:26:802] 1EEA2 1EF9F BD17 BD17 Good Speedometer
[04:34:26:820] Requesting operating system ID...
[04:34:30:530] Operating system request failed, checking for a live kernel...
[04:34:33:167] Checking for recovery mode...
[04:34:37:260] PCM is not responding to OSID, kernel version, or recovery mode checks.
[04:34:37:273] Unlock may not work, but we'll try...
[04:34:37:780] Unlock was not successful.
This with 13.5V dropping to 13.2v of wet cell battery power while testing. (Motorcycle battery) and using the OBDLink LX.
Any ideas on this one?
Jim
Much depends on what directory you unpack the zip file into. I put it on the desktop and it worked just fine, at least as far as detecting the device and selecting it. beyond that i still have a problem which I will get to.
So, If you attempt to put it into some directory such as C:\Program Files (x86), then it will post an error message about Admin privileges which is the clue to this problem. On the desktop it doesn't do that and it works.
Now the next problem is an old one and it's been long enough since I last got around it that I don't remember the cause:
[04:33:59:857] PCM Hammer 012
[04:34:00:768] Thanks for using PCM Hammer.
[04:34:01:997] Voltage: 13.5V
[04:34:02:006] Elm ID: ELM327 v1.3a
[04:34:02:030] ScanTool device ID: STN1155 v4.6.1
[04:34:16:680] C:\Users\Jim\Documents\MG\First Files\MGBaGHN5UB240478G.bin
[04:34:26:703] Validating 512k file.
[04:34:26:708] Start End Stored Needed Verdict Segment Name
[04:34:26:721] 00000 7FFFD 3D37 3D37 Good Operating system
[04:34:26:728] 08002 13FFF 2D82 2D82 Good Engine calibration
[04:34:26:736] 14002 16DFF BF5D BF5D Good Engine diagnostics.
[04:34:26:746] 16E02 1BDFF 5D3A 5D3A Good Transmission calibration
[04:34:26:757] 1BE02 1C7FF 7BF9 7BF9 Good Transmission diagnostics
[04:34:26:769] 1C802 1E51F 6D0C 6D0C Good Fuel system
[04:34:26:785] 1E522 1EE9F DBD4 DBD4 Good System
[04:34:26:802] 1EEA2 1EF9F BD17 BD17 Good Speedometer
[04:34:26:820] Requesting operating system ID...
[04:34:30:530] Operating system request failed, checking for a live kernel...
[04:34:33:167] Checking for recovery mode...
[04:34:37:260] PCM is not responding to OSID, kernel version, or recovery mode checks.
[04:34:37:273] Unlock may not work, but we'll try...
[04:34:37:780] Unlock was not successful.
This with 13.5V dropping to 13.2v of wet cell battery power while testing. (Motorcycle battery) and using the OBDLink LX.
Any ideas on this one?
Jim
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 012
Excellent job ...
The first issue is because PcmHammer writes to it's own directory, thus the user must have write permissions to PcmHammers directory.
On the second issue, is that Pcm responding with other tools/software??
It appears to be completely non responsive, like either a Wiring problem or bricked/damaged pcm.
Could you please attach a text file debug log ...
The voltage is fine ...
Thank you
[edit]
Not to change/confuse (or for) the current issues ... I believe you also have an Allpro device and issues?, Have you tried turning off 4x Read/Write with that Allpro?
On the Options menu uncheck: Enable 4x Communication
Albeit slow it may work with 4x disabled.
The first issue is because PcmHammer writes to it's own directory, thus the user must have write permissions to PcmHammers directory.
On the second issue, is that Pcm responding with other tools/software??
It appears to be completely non responsive, like either a Wiring problem or bricked/damaged pcm.
Could you please attach a text file debug log ...
The voltage is fine ...
Thank you
[edit]
Not to change/confuse (or for) the current issues ... I believe you also have an Allpro device and issues?, Have you tried turning off 4x Read/Write with that Allpro?
On the Options menu uncheck: Enable 4x Communication
Albeit slow it may work with 4x disabled.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!