12p 2 bar 304

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
turbov8
cars: VR SS TURBO AUTO

Re: 12p 2 bar 304

Post by turbov8 »

Holden202 wrote:so whats changed between when it worked and not ?
only the engine loom which was swapped for VN v8 and a 808 SXR. connects to flash tool fine. Can read/write
seems like there is no spark.
felsy
cars: v8 patrol

Post by felsy »

hi turbov8 here is a link with some wiring diagrams it may help if you need to check your wiring, http://www.memcals.com/rcc_info_wiring.html

i take it you have changed out the vr ecu to the vn ecu?

also thanks jaymee for the info on starting a boosted tune :thumbup:
felsy
cars: v8 patrol

Post by felsy »

Have you tested the coil? Have you got power to the pink wire at the coil and the white/black wire at the Hall effect sensor connector at the dist. and at the ign. module?
turbov8

Post by turbov8 »

hey, yeah i have power going to the coil, red and brown wires.
a quick check with a spare spark plug grounded shows no spark. test light on coil and injectors show they have power.
will check other suggested wires tomorrow.
i swear i changed the inject/flow to suit 60lbs but just checked and its on 0.15. no wonder probably flooding itself
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Regardless of what the ECU is doing it should make sparks when cranking. If you are getting injector pulses then VATS is ok, the sensor in the dizzy is ok and parts of the ignition module (it creates/passes the signal to the ECU that it uses as the reference pulse) is also working. Is the ignition module grounded and also getting power from the coil?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

when you said you have checked with a spark plug and no spark, is that directly from the coil or through the dizzy cap ....

if you have power to the coil and you connect a plug directly to it it should spark, if not it could be faulty coil ..... should be easy enough to test with a wire though ....

if the coil sparks then i guess its dizzy related ?
turbov8

Post by turbov8 »

so far from testing, ignition on shows power on red for ignition and injectors. blue wire on injectors pulse on cranking.
there seems to be no + coming from ignition module to hall effect sensor. tried grounding test light, probe the white/black wire with nothing on it.
tested coil directly and does show some spark with poor grounding but seems to be working.
any ideas???
also i cant put in 0.045 in tunerpro. comes up with 0.04 is this acceptable?
turbov8

Post by turbov8 »

ok forget the + on hall effect white/black just wasnt enough to power the test light. tested with fluke digital multimeter shows mid 11 volts possible from cranking and draining battery some what.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

turbov8 wrote:so far from testing, ignition on shows power on red for ignition and injectors. blue wire on injectors pulse on cranking.
there seems to be no + coming from ignition module to hall effect sensor. tried grounding test light, probe the white/black wire with nothing on it.
tested coil directly and does show some spark with poor grounding but seems to be working.
any ideas???
If the injectors are pulsing the dizzy pickup is working and the module is sending something to the ECU. But, cranking you dont need the ECU to get spark. Have you moved the module at all? If you have check the module is earthed properly and is bolted down.

turbov8 wrote:also i cant put in 0.045 in tunerpro. comes up with 0.04 is this acceptable?
Grab the latest V111 Zip, its got more resolution now :thumbup:
turbov8

Post by turbov8 »

i guess thats some good news. i did move the module but its back exactly how it was and has its own earth strap from the bracket its mounted on, to the inner guard. Will check this further tomorrow .
will get the update now. thanks :thumbup: