Tune for VP GTS with 200KW Black Motor

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Vpgts076
cars: vp gts

Re: Tune for VP GTS with 200KW Black Motor

Post by Vpgts076 »

Jayme wrote:so you said you had a "read only cable" what exactly do you mean by that? do you have a 160 baud cable? can you datalog using it? is it the type of cable you need to plug in near hte computer and the dash check engine light flickers while you datalog?
Yes correct, i can data log via plugging into connector above LHS kick panel. This is how i know about O2 sensor lean code.

Thanks
Daniel
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

in that case you cant possibly have kalmaker as it kalmaker wouldnt be able to datalog through a cable from that connector. have a look at your memcal. does the eprom have the silver sticker on it still? does it look to have been tampered with? what is the code on the silver sticker, or if it isnt there can you post a photo of the memcal?
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I'm Geelong based, so a little bit too far away.
If you can pull the ECU and remove the memcal and get a photo with the blue cover removed may be able to at least look and see if it appears to be modified. Ie. is the standard chip still fitted with the broadcast code sticker.
Also check the blue cover for any stickers.

Yoda69

Edit: Jayme beat me to it.
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Jayme wrote:in that case you cant possibly have kalmaker as it kalmaker wouldnt be able to datalog through a cable from that connector. have a look at your memcal. does the eprom have the silver sticker on it still? does it look to have been tampered with? what is the code on the silver sticker, or if it isnt there can you post a photo of the memcal?

Ill get some photos today and post them up

Thanks
Daniel
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

yoda69 wrote:I'm Geelong based, so a little bit too far away.
If you can pull the ECU and remove the memcal and get a photo with the blue cover removed may be able to at least look and see if it appears to be modified. Ie. is the standard chip still fitted with the broadcast code sticker.
Also check the blue cover for any stickers.

Yoda69

Edit: Jayme beat me to it.
Hi MAte,

Do you have a dyno ECT or are you are enthusist like myself?

Is a Dyno a must for the work i have done?

Thanks
Daniel
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

dyno in my opinion is not really ever necessary, but it doesn't make some tuning aspects easier, and definately for tuning spark i would prefer a dyno.

but to get the basic tuning happening and fix your lean issue you can do it on the street with a laptop and some time
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Holden202 wrote:dyno in my opinion is not really ever necessary, but it doesn't make some tuning aspects easier, and definately for tuning spark i would prefer a dyno.

but to get the basic tuning happening and fix your lean issue you can do it on the street with a laptop and some time

OKAY, About to leave to go down to storeage facility and rip out ECU.......

Stay tuned..... :)

Thanks
Daniel
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Vpgts076 wrote:
Holden202 wrote:dyno in my opinion is not really ever necessary, but it doesn't make some tuning aspects easier, and definately for tuning spark i would prefer a dyno.

OKAY, About to leave to go down to storeage facility and rip out ECU.......

Stay tuned..... :)

Thanks
Daniel
Hi Guy's

Anybody heard of Bullet Digital Performance PN: 2006PA SN:7459
BTW Does this mean No knock sensor?

Thanks
Daniel
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

correct no knock sensor. you need the white board for knock sensing to work.

so its definitely been tuned, so it could be any number of different types of code on it at present. so its back to the earlier suggestion by holden202, you need to crack it into an eprom reader and get the bin off it, identify it, then you can start trying to play from there.
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Jayme wrote:correct no knock sensor. you need the white board for knock sensing to work.

so its definitely been tuned, so it could be any number of different types of code on it at present. so its back to the earlier suggestion by holden202, you need to crack it into an eprom reader and get the bin off it, identify it, then you can start trying to play from there.

Can you please send me a link to where i can purchase the right eprom reader?

Thanks
Daniel