General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Vpgts076
cars: vp gts

Tune for VP GTS with 200KW Black Motor

Post by Vpgts076 »

VL400 wrote:USB Communications Boards

TopViewSM.jpg
TopViewSM.jpg (53.59 KiB) Viewed 6234 times

Application: To suit any ECM or PCM from VN to VY (VT S1 or earlier V8). Gives 8192baud ALDL over USB on VN and VP 808 ECMs with the correct memcal.
Kit Assembly: Unless you are very experienced in surface mount soldering it is recommended that you purchase an assembled board.
Installation Requirements: For connection inside the ECM/PCM a soldering iron, drill, dremel and a file. For connection using the vehicle data interface (VR or later only) a soldering iron.
Cost: $50 for kit form or $70 assembled, includes delivery.
Other Requirements: None.
Availability: Now
Ordering Information: PM me for more details or if you wish to order
Firstly would like to say wow what a awesome website....

i am new to this i have a vP gts with a 200KW Black motor with a Crane 284 Cam and Group A manifold.

From reading the getting started guide i need

A) USB Comm Board.
does this come with instructions? are they easy to fit?

one i have this do i need anything else or am i off on my way??

Thanks daniel
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: FS: USB Communications Boards

Post by VL400 »

Yeah they come with instructions. It needs 5 wires soldered to the ecu and some case cutting for the USB connector. I can install it for you if your not confident with soldering.

The problem is it won't work on a vp using the standard memcal. Would need to use a vr/vs type memcal, such as 12p. AFAIK there is no cal to suit your engine so would need to develop a tune, prob much more work than you were looking for to get some 8192 baud data!
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

VL400 wrote:Yeah they come with instructions. It needs 5 wires soldered to the ecu and some case cutting for the USB connector. I can install it for you if your not confident with soldering.

The problem is it won't work on a vp using the standard memcal. Would need to use a vr/vs type memcal, such as 12p. AFAIK there is no cal to suit your engine so would need to develop a tune, prob much more work than you were looking for to get some 8192 baud data!
Hi mate,

Still interested, So ist it possible to put a VN GROUP A tune on a VR memcal? AS that would be the closest tune or better still can i some how get my current tune saved and put it onto VR chip? My has a knock sensor so do i need to find a VR HSV memcal? auto or manual?

How much would you charge if i send you my ECu? could you put a VN GROUP A tune on chip to get me started? can youpm me your mobile number?

Thanks heaps Daniel.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

thats the problem mate, the memcal is the same VN - VR thats not what gives it the 8192 baud, its the operating system the tune was written on. the operating system and tune are together on the chip, insepratable. so youd have to take a VR based operating system and re tune it for your car.
The only way you can come close to what you want is to open the group A tune, and open the VR tune both in an editor side by side and manually match up the tables the best you can and copy them to the VR tune.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Is it currently running a mod'd tune or just standard?
If running a mod'd tune can you read the current bin and post up?
I've come across a few VN/VP's running kalmaker SP3 in an 808 that will support 8192 with a mod'd ecu. Will at least give us an idea of where you're starting from.

Can one of the moderators move this to a separate thread, as getting a bit of topic?
Yoda69
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Jayme wrote:thats the problem mate, the memcal is the same VN - VR thats not what gives it the 8192 baud, its the operating system the tune was written on. the operating system and tune are together on the chip, insepratable. so youd have to take a VR based operating system and re tune it for your car.
The only way you can come close to what you want is to open the group A tune, and open the VR tune both in an editor side by side and manually match up the tables the best you can and copy them to the VR tune.

Sounds like a plan....

Thankyou.
Daniel
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

yoda69 wrote:Is it currently running a mod'd tune or just standard?
If running a mod'd tune can you read the current bin and post up?
I've come across a few VN/VP's running kalmaker SP3 in an 808 that will support 8192 with a mod'd ecu. Will at least give us an idea of where you're starting from.

Can one of the moderators move this to a separate thread, as getting a bit of topic?
Yoda69

Hi MAte,

How would i get this info without the kit? currenly i only have a read only cable.....

I purchased this car late Nov off the EX HSV OWNERS CLUB PRESIDENT it is a one owner car only issue with it that i am trying to rectify is when slowing down at lights ect the engine light comes on with a O2 Sensor code Lean.

the PRO;'s believe it to be in the tune and want $1200 to re chip / Dyno seems a bit stiff. I have access to a Dyno but not a expert with VN - VS he only plays with LS1 +

Thanks
Daniel
Holden202T

Re: Tune for VP GTS with 200KW Black Motor

Post by Holden202T »

you need an eeprom reader/programmer to be able to read the tune off it.

if you don't have this hardware you can either purchase it online (ebay etc) or if you don't want to do that at the moment if you send the memcal to one of us we could read and return.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so you said you had a "read only cable" what exactly do you mean by that? do you have a 160 baud cable? can you datalog using it? is it the type of cable you need to plug in near hte computer and the dash check engine light flickers while you datalog?
Vpgts076

Post by Vpgts076 »

Holden202 wrote:you need an eeprom reader/programmer to be able to read the tune off it.

if you don't have this hardware you can either purchase it online (ebay etc) or if you don't want to do that at the moment if you send the memcal to one of us we could read and return.

Does anybody live / work near Epping VIc???? i could pull out ECU and cruise up.

BTW i have purchase one of these but useless on VN - VP ( or it could be me :( )

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VN-VP-VR-VS- ... 4ab7427df1

Any help would be very appriciated.

Thanks
Daniel