My VS Clubby! *UPDATED*

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by Helical »

Have you started on the modified banana manifold yet? I'm keen to see some pics as it sounds to be exactly what I am planning do do with my VS S3 Maloo.
hot308vb
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 am
cars: Vy ls1 spac ute daily driver
Cammed vf ssv redline
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff
Location: Seymour, Vic

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by hot308vb »

Yes it's sitting in the shed also waiting it's turn lol I managed to get onto a talented fella in Kyabram who goes under the banner Extreme Engineering, he did me a manifold for 300 changeover. Looks pretty good can't wait to get it on. I'll post pics of it shortly.
hot308vb
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 am
cars: Vy ls1 spac ute daily driver
Cammed vf ssv redline
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff
Location: Seymour, Vic

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by hot308vb »

Here you go helical, my modded banana manifold
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by Helical »

Awesome, thanks. I've got two under the bench so one is going to get the chop, seeing one done already gives me a bit more confidence on where to cut!
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by vlt304 »

I run 1 of them on my vl he does a neat job.
0081(2)
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6
Location: Sydney

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by 0081(2) »

Did he do any work on the inside or just the neck??

I have read about people porting the runners but the cost was closer to 1k
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by HQ355 »

Hi vlt304 does it make much of a difference over a standard manifold ? Cheers
hot308vb
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 am
cars: Vy ls1 spac ute daily driver
Cammed vf ssv redline
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff
Location: Seymour, Vic

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by hot308vb »

Well not sure if he did it or not but the manifold has also been port matched too, I've seen ppl extrude hone and flow test bananas with some really good results but I can't justify spending that much on an engine I'm selling later down the track.
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by vlt304 »

I never ran the car with the modified manifold without the turbo so I cant say how much it changed but it does seem to have sharper throttle response. it only had the bend removed no porting done too it when I got it but I port matched and clean up the runners a bit. I got it from ebay haha $120 from memory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hot308vb
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 am
cars: Vy ls1 spac ute daily driver
Cammed vf ssv redline
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff
Location: Seymour, Vic

Re: My vs clubby!

Post by hot308vb »

Trial fitted the 20x10 the other day, gunna look grouse but geez it's tight! Haha still haven't got around to fitting the manifold yet families cars getting in the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.