Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
damiandownie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:50 am
cars: VT V6 S/C FMIC 17 pulley, 5 Speed Manual, kalmaker mafless, extractors, zorst, cammed.
Location: Cessnock

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by damiandownie »

A little bit overboard...oh thought he was going diving with spongebob! sorry lol
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by The1 »

one last thing i thought id do before it goes to the real bin is peal the sticker back, yep even removed the memcal code, though serial number matches to BSTK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by The1 »

antus wrote:I reckon the prototype board is just to make it look technical and modified inside if you start trying to peel the memcal cover off. I guess without the speedo mods on the pcb, none of these would allow for a working speedo?
only auto feeds from the pcm, manual bcm and cluster feed from input wire or sensor output
trikky73
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 am
cars: VS V6 Sedan

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by trikky73 »

man I had heard about his tunes just being copies of other peoples ones but this is just plain ripoff
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by vlad01 »

lol just as i thought, few year ago ( when I was a n00b at this sort of stuff) I bought one of his eproms and after installing the engine ran too hot and you could hear it ping. sounded terrible. So I complained about it and asked what he actually set in the ignition and fuel maps, he couldn't even answer that.

So yeah here is the proof in this thread. what a scum bag.

lucky i only wasted 20 buks on the eprom and not some larger amount.
tav
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 am
cars: VS Commodore

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by tav »

I think his ECU's are that expensive because he spends most of the $ on superglue xD
dbrickz
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm
cars: Charged vg commo
Second owner vp sleeper
1968 Toyota corona s1 shiftkited v6 burnout rocket cooks ride 2012 e3 r8 clubby
Location: hay nsw

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by dbrickz »

about 2 years ago i got a sv3800 memcal from this seller same deal ran hot thermo fan wouldnt start still got the memcal if some one wants to have a peep
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Changing a Memcal in TRX100 PCM

Post by The1 »

had a look at dbrickz TRX memcal, photocopied SV3800 sticker on a stock VP V6 memcal, still had the delco sticker intact! Read the chip to make sure and definatly so.