1st time tuning, but some small problems

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by Holden202T »

i used to have the same issue with the ecotec in the torana, i lowered the lean cruise temp because it would cut in and out while cruising in winter!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by vlad01 »

So in the guide it says I need to download the ADX for logging, or do I just the use the ADX that I am currently using from the 12p v111 ?

the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:i used to have the same issue with the ecotec in the torana, i lowered the lean cruise temp because it would cut in and out while cruising in winter!
thats probably right, pretty much is winter here. in the teens during the day, low teens to single digit on the cooler days.


So far without lean cruise I get about average 6.5L/100 on flat road. haven't looked at fuel usage on lean cruise yet. If I can get in down to the 5s I would be stoked.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by VL400 »

vlad01 wrote:So in the guide it says I need to download the ADX for logging, or do I just the use the ADX that I am currently using from the 12p v111 ?

the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
Sounds like you have it loaded already, it would be called "OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:
vlad01 wrote:So in the guide it says I need to download the ADX for logging, or do I just the use the ADX that I am currently using from the 12p v111 ?

the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
Sounds like you have it loaded already, it would be called "OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx"

yep, did that months ago. So I just press record right? then look at the history tables when played back?

So how do i save that as a file? so others can take a look.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by VL400 »

Press record, got for a drive, press stop and it will open a file dialog to save the log. You can then open and play it back (to fill history tables etc) or post it here. Its an XDL file.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by vlad01 »

Awesome! thanks.

probably a good idea i a get a WB now, I got some knock at full load high rpm and then goes away as i approach red line.
Running 95 RON and it pretty cool weather atm.

not sure whats causing it but i think the VE tables might need tweaking in that area. WB should confirm this.


Whats a good one to get?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by Holden202T »

I've used the innovate MTX-L and LC-1 and they both work perfectly.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by vlad01 »

The MTX-L likes like a good one.

I have read a little in VE learn. would that be useful for fine tuning the VE table coupled with the WB?

I want to get WB for logging anyway.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems

Post by Holden202T »

ve learn is not the fastest way of tuning the ve table, but if your table is not too far out and you just want it done while you drive then it works well.