VN V8 wiring diagram

Wiring diagrams and questions
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by vlad01 »

anyone know what year got this plug change for the vn-vs 5L dizzy?

this is what the loom takes.

Image

but I need to cut it off and add this plug. changing the dizzy is not an option, engine will have to be removed to do that lol. No room on this conversion, I felt the plug was suss but couldn't see what was going on until I got a phone and torch in there to take a pic, seeing the plug was different. No wonder I was getting no ref signal :lol:

If anyone has one of these plugs ↓ let me know.

Image
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by delcowizzid »

Is that a vt dizzy with 4 wires in the car if so it's gotta come out to swap the sensor I think
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by HQ355 »

That's a VN dizzy with the square connecter, the rounder one is a VP - VS one, VT a totally different to those to and bigger
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by HQ355 »

Motor wouldn't have to come out, worst case would be rip inlet off, that's not that bad a job, but plug swap much easier
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:Motor wouldn't have to come out, worst case would be rip inlet off, that's not that bad a job, but plug swap much easier
oh right, forgot about the intake.

The round one is vn series 1 loom coz it had the old school AMP injector plugs with boots and grey PVC sleeves. square one looks newer to me.

Also the round plug looks like those used on late 70s-early 80s merc with K-jetronic and D-jetronic from late 60s
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by vs ss »

oval plug vn-vp s1
Square plug vp s2-vs
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by vlad01 »

vs ss wrote:oval plug vn-vp s1
Square plug vp s2-vs
thats what I thought. Anyone got one?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by vlad01 »

We been looking everywhere for this connector, even in the states to no avail.

Must be rare type of connector.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by Dylan »

I brought the later type from my local Burson a few years ago.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN V8 wiring diagram

Post by vlad01 »

not to worry, customer found an adapter on ebay lol.

i spent ages on there myself only able to find the trigger sensors not the plugs.