Delco Jeep

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Delco Jeep

Post by Dylan »

In 2P it's down low on the table list.

IAC desired idle rpm (or very similair wording)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You would be better off masking the IAC fault codes and disabling idle spark. Will just get weird idle spark advance values otherwise.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Dylan wrote:In 2P it's down low on the table list.

IAC desired idle rpm (or very similair wording)
I tried plying with them, didn't seem to change much.
VL400 wrote:You would be better off masking the IAC fault codes and disabling idle spark. Will just get weird idle spark advance values otherwise.
Can you be a bit more specific, please.(I know I'm being a pain in the but)
Uncheck "Process Code 35 - Idle air control motor error"?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Correct, also uncheck "Process Code 36 - Vacuum leak" and set to 0 "IAC - Idle spark Adjustment params - Idle spark correction limit".
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks very knowledgeable one. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I connected the injectors up this morning, to give it a run using fuel & spark. The engine runs , but the Jeep throws a couple of codes up. It worked out that the injectors weren't connected. Can I put something like a resistor across the Jeep injector plug to simulate an injector? If so what size & type? Also had a stored code for "no primary Coil" that didn't show on the dash but did show on the code reader. Can I fit a resistor here as well?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Some 15/18/22 ohm resistors may do the trick. Dont know how critical the resistance is, depends on the tolerance the Jeep ECU allows. A 22 ohm resistor (per injector) would reduce the heat they need to dissipate, but might need the value to be closer to the actual injector resistance. They also might be detecting the inductive injector load, in which case a resistor wont fix the fault code.

Assuming 14.4V and 22 ohms, thats 0.65A and just under 10 watts. They are switched on and off, so power dissipation will be less but still will require a large wattage resistor.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Well I've had the Jeep on the road running fuel & spark, just have to ignore the Jeep "CEL" until I try some resistors.
I've included a bin,which is still pretty rough & a log. If you look at the 1400rpm line in the VE table you will see some very high numbers. As I accelerate slowly from the gutter, when the engine hits the cell it becomes very lean so I bumped the numbers to enrichen but it is still lean, have also bumped the numbers around aswell. I still haven't been able to get the wideband figures to match the LM1 but the logged figures read about .6/.7 leaner than the LM1. I've had a look for other tables that may be affecting this problem but I can't find anything. These engines are a low rev engine so when it drops into overdrive & the convertor locks up at about 70km, it pulls the revs down to about 1400, which becomes very lean. The VE table started out as a 12P BLCD then pushed & pulled a bit. It is planed to tune the thing on a dyno, but I'd like to get it close on the road first so I don't hit problems like this that I can't fix.
delco road test 4.xdl
(560.31 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
OSE_$12P_BLCD_Jeep 6 V112.4.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Its not all your problems, but the TPS 'noise' is not helping. Its constantly entering and leaving DE. Try adjusting the param "Decel Enleanment Param - DE delta throttle angle threshold", make it 0.03 and try again looking at the logging item for DE (Decel Enleanment Applied To BPW). AE is likely also a problem.

To fix the wideband readings adjust "VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR" and "VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR". But as it is now your 5V value is likely the issue, the default value was incorrect for innovate widebands in early versions of 12P. It should be 22.4, not 23.4. The 0V and 5V values need to match your wideband settings.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I did adjust the wideband figures to the same as the LM1,which was 23.1, I will adjust it too the figures you've mentioned. I migrated V111 to V112 yesterday & never thought of checking this.
Not sure were this is " try again looking at the logging item for DE (Decel Enleanment Applied To BPW)."
I will adjust the "Decel Enleanment Param - DE delta throttle angle threshold" to .03 & see how it goes. Thanks.