Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement

Post by The1 »

is it standard TB or 69mm? usually the larger ones need that much extra.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement

Post by immortality »

69mm TB.

Yes, without any extra AE it feels like it has a flat spot. Quiet noticeable when cold.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement

Post by vlad01 »

A machined TB on ecotec will need a ton more as stock ones is lipped around the plate to give the first couple of deg finer control by limiting air flow. basically acting like a 2 stage TB. Once machined the bore becomes straight and works somewhat inverse log for air flow vs TPS deg.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement

Post by immortality »

Stock TB is what I call the granny mod :) and its' the first thing to get changed, even my missus complained about the poor throttle response with the granny TB fitted.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Stock TB is what I call the granny mod :) and its' the first thing to get changed, even my missus complained about the poor throttle response with the granny TB fitted.
lol I know what you mean. Drove a few stock ecotecs and thought something was wrong when it did jack until half throttle. At those same throttle % my cars are certainly moving.