Thermostats
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Thermostats
It's not a proper cold air intake (yet, that's also on the to do list) but aparently the std inlet is well known for it and when you put bigger cams in it makes matters worse, I'm not expecting miracles because for atleast the time being I'm not changing the inlet manifold so I'm just trying to sneak a bit here and a bit there and hope it adds up to a minor improvement until I win lotto and get a VN Group A manifold lol
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Thermostats
Yes the cams dont help the intake temps. I'm running a stock intake now with a 284 cam and seeing 100 degree intake temps too. Never logged a dead stock motor to see how they hold up.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Thermostats
What sort of power are you seeing out of that combo ? An old mate had very similar (same cam) and shaved heads to bump up comp and guy he bought it off said 180 rwkw, he didn't get it with the tune so when I drove it it was a bit soggy. I had the motor apart before the transplant and it was rooted inside so there's no way it would get close but I allways wondered what a decent same spec would acheive
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Thermostats
Haven't had it on dyno. Only had 2 drives I think so tune is very early stages.
Ported intake and heads with big springs. Flat tops shaved heads and block comp should be ok.
It's motor from my old combo but took heads and intake off and changed the cam.
Gearing up to sell the car. Low K's good condition 94 clubsport with a TKO 5 speed gear box.
Ported intake and heads with big springs. Flat tops shaved heads and block comp should be ok.
It's motor from my old combo but took heads and intake off and changed the cam.
Gearing up to sell the car. Low K's good condition 94 clubsport with a TKO 5 speed gear box.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Thermostats
Hot intake yes, cold nope lolCharlescrown wrote:100 deg ouch that's very high. Have you got a cold air intake?
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Thermostats
Sounds like a nice combo, what's going to replace it ? Bigger, badder better or Vespa ?Dylan wrote:Haven't had it on dyno. Only had 2 drives I think so tune is very early stages.
Ported intake and heads with big springs. Flat tops shaved heads and block comp should be ok.
It's motor from my old combo but took heads and intake off and changed the cam.
Gearing up to sell the car. Low K's good condition 94 clubsport with a TKO 5 speed gear box.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Thermostats
A project! Used to run a better set of heads and a solid cam (288) and a Motec twin throttle intake. Kept the heads and intake for another day.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Thermostats
U'l give u a slab for the intake ? Lol
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Thermostats
I'll give you a look at it for that lol. They do fetch a dollar but they are awesome bits of gear. The COME one's are a reasonable price and they perform very well. I've tuned a mates 355 running one with a large solid cam and it pulls real well. The tunes in the 12P custom thread along with the one for my old combo.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Thermostats
I've heard a few things about the come ones, are they ok ? Or better with a tourque power and throttle body ?