Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Last one's I brought were ouright and reco from US eBay about $120 USD.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
do you have the model they come from?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
That's what I'm after for my Senator but finding those calipers/brackets is the hard part. The other option is to upgrade the whole rear end to VT style which I think is possible with IRS.
I too would be keen for any info you have.
I too would be keen for any info you have.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I'll look them up tonight I have the part numbers on my PC. Think it was 86 corvette. I have the IRS HSV caliper bracket at home I'd part with for the right price. Got the front twin piston part numbers too but they're easy to pick.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looking at google images I think its corvette C5 and closer pics show its PBR made in Australia lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
that year is c4 and they have built in hand brake and looks quite different.Dylan wrote:I'll look them up tonight I have the part numbers on my PC. Think it was 86 corvette. I have the IRS HSV caliper bracket at home I'd part with for the right price. Got the front twin piston part numbers too but they're easy to pick.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yeah got to watch the handbrake it was earlier than the VN maybe its 84 85
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
They're to late model. They have Corvette cast into the bracket and are a finned body.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8