(CONCEPT) WinCE carputer with digital dashboard.

User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: (CONCEPT) WinCE carputer with digital dashboard.

Post by antus »

Interesting.. sounds like GM might be partnering up with google to put android systems in new cars from the factory!

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/05/16 ... art_pos=11
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
AntBoy1979
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:12 pm
cars: VN V6 Berlina

Re: (CONCEPT) WinCE carputer with digital dashboard.

Post by AntBoy1979 »

Well, some considerable research and nearly 20G in downloads and playing with different softwares and I can now say tomtom can byte my bumper! I can't run TTS with my Navigator 7, there is no later version that allows it. It won't run at 800*480 and only on WM not WinCE. (unless I use cracked, hacked and slashed versions) They don't seem to give a rats about PDA's now. From now on I'll buy iGO8 software and devices, once the tomtom dies or the maps become too outdated.
Talking about iGO8, now there's a nice piece of kit! versions for ARM and x86. skinnable and just fantastic to use. Out with the ARM idea, I'm back to my original plan of using x86!
Anyone know of a skinnable dashboard for OBD2? Something that will run fullscreen on second and third screens.
djbrooksy
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Launceston TAS

Re: (CONCEPT) WinCE carputer with digital dashboard.

Post by djbrooksy »

HI im sure you have seen it
but check out http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/
for all your in car pc needs