and utilize the 2 dual zone video outputs for twin 7" LCD's in the dash replacing the instrument cluster for a fully customizable digital dash. the data would possibly be acquired through an OBD2 to Bluetooth adapter if it was to allow 2 way comms so I could also reprogram the eeprom on the fly. All the hardware side is pretty straight forward. It's the software side I have been stumbling on!
I have found this program WolfNCU http://wolfzone.u-stor.net:20001/~wolfz ... u_download to be a fantastic little frontend for displaying GPS data and accessing programs and apps. It is also insanely simple to create your own skins and gauges from scratch (I've already made 3 with speedos and compass). It's almost the perfect solution. The big problem? It doesn't appear to have the ability to utilize ALDL. Any websites referring to it or it's development are in Korean, It's freely available but no signs of it's source code. Multiple attempts to decompile it's .exe with a multitude of decompilers have been fruitless.
If anyone is interested in giving advice or have ideas or lending a hand with the programming, I'm all ears.