water resistant /proof ecu housing

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: water resistant /proof ecu housing

Post by Dylan »

Well worth a look, great IP rating too.

https://www.brenclosures.com.au/pc.htm
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: water resistant /proof ecu housing

Post by vlad01 »

Just an IP68 rated electrical box. I had one for a wireless link that used a linksys indoor router shoved in one of them boxes that lived on the roof for years, never got one bit of moisture in it ever. I used IP68 cable glands and that butyl based electrical sealing tape around the cables.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: water resistant /proof ecu housing

Post by vlad01 »

Here is a good one. Not the same as I used as it seems jaycar don't sell it anymore? was 10 years ago mind you.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/large-abs-ip6 ... e/p/HB6404
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: water resistant /proof ecu housing

Post by jenko »

Dylans link is pretty spot on
but will keep looking in the hope that I can find the right dimension