Seems like Aomei can't apply the drive letter either, it's really done a number on itself... glad I was able to copy the lost partition & get all the data even in it's current format...
Not sure what else to try & I tried converting to GPT in it's current format but it said there wasn't enough space at the end of each partition to create GPT.
Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
looks like it was successful you just need to reboot. Or try doing it through windows disk manager now it may work.
Yep you might need to resize your partitions to give enough room to convert to GPT, but atleast with disk cache disabled it should be way less likely to ever happen again.
Yep you might need to resize your partitions to give enough room to convert to GPT, but atleast with disk cache disabled it should be way less likely to ever happen again.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
Not such luck with restart or diskmgmt, still get same errors when trying to create drive letter...
Thanks everyone for the replies but I'll keep mucking around with it.
Thanks everyone for the replies but I'll keep mucking around with it.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
it maybe much easier seeing you have to data to just setup a new partition again and copy it back.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
Yeah I had thought that but it's like 1 of those things I don't like beating me but yeah think it would be MUCH easier resizing partitions & setup as GPT & bring it all back.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
Now that I have set it as GPT the IBM Thinkpad T410 doesn't want to boot & can't seem to find the efi/uefi setting in bios....
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
I think bios may be too old for secure boot uefi...
Bugger so I pulled hdd & set it back as mbr in another machine & rebuilt mbr for win7 & put it back in & still won't boot WTF??
Bugger so I pulled hdd & set it back as mbr in another machine & rebuilt mbr for win7 & put it back in & still won't boot WTF??
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
Yes it will need to be UEFI bios to boot from GPT partition, you can use GPT without UEFI if it's not used as a boot partition. Seeing there's only one drive your outta luck. It should work fine as MBR.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
Yeah but now I changed it back to mbr bios won't boot the previously set up windows partition?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Win7 x64 lost hdd partition
Set it back to mbr, boot off install media and tell it to fix the existing install.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396