What's this worth

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: What's this worth

Post by Comcal76 »

What condition would you say yours are in Vlad.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: What's this worth

Post by vlad01 »

good but in need of repainting. caps are very good and near perfect and none have damage, just the paint on 1 or 2 look average.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: What's this worth

Post by vlad01 »

2 are exactly like this.

one is much better, been repainted at some stage and the last one has some speckles of paint coming off.

All caps are like this.

IMG_2695.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: What's this worth

Post by Comcal76 »

You should be able to get a minimum of $400 for them going by what other people are asking.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: What's this worth

Post by vlad01 »

Cool. Cheers for the estimate. ebay it is for these. I won't be ever using them.
gtrboyy
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores
Location: Sydney

Re: What's this worth

Post by gtrboyy »

Dash I'd start at $250 mainly for HSV logo...if low mileage & no faults try doubling price but probably $400

Vlad ss wheels go cheap,rarely as a set of 4 as most are banged up & warped or chunks missing...I looked for ages trying to find complete set.Quickly gave up on vn ss ute replica idea
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: What's this worth

Post by Comcal76 »

Thanks mate.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: What's this worth

Post by vlad01 »

My wheels physically are all perfect, just paint is average.

I also have a set of 4 mint VN calais wheel minus one center cap, but I wouldn't expect them to sell as any calais wheels regardless of model historically have been/are worthless. SS wheels have always been good money though for at least the late model stuff, but never seen complete sets for early cars to know the price. I paid 500 for set of VX SS wheel in good condition about 4 years ago.
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: What's this worth

Post by Comcal76 »

VN Calais wheels seem to be worth something
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/essendo ... 1177829122

I had a set of VP Calais wheels with new tyres I could not give away, I ended up putting them on a vs I was selling so I would not have to pay to throw them out :D
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: What's this worth

Post by vlad01 »

Well thats what they are asking but the same few lots of them on ebay have been there as long as I remember. Pretty sure I saw them there when I looked 2 years ago wanting to get rid of mine. I put 150 on mine and 2 years later still got them. Tried again on a buy swap page the other week, as always no one wants them. They are hideous so I don't blame people not buying them.

VL calais wheel seem to sell ok if you price them under 100 bucks.