tuning of methanol

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
ivanovbg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm
cars: Opel Astra F C16SE
Location: Bulgaria

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by ivanovbg »

I plan to install additional large injectors for methanol.
You can work and petrol.
I do so:
1.octane plug 95-AFR-normal petrol-14, 7 ;Spark advance 95-petrol
octane plug 98- AFR -6,4 ;Spark advancе 98-methanol
If tables are 95.98 AFR petrol will have to switc -octane plug with relay
2.if I happen to do a double EPROM for gasoline and methanol,or two computers with the same sensors.

will try this first bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If knowledge does not help, try a power (hammer)
ivanovbg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm
cars: Opel Astra F C16SE
Location: Bulgaria

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by ivanovbg »

100% gas.......................14.7
90% gas, 10% meth.......13.87
80% gas, 20% meth.......13.04
70% gas, 30% meth.......12.21
60% gas, 40% meth.......11.38
50% gas, 50% meth.......10.55
40% gas, 60% meth.......9.72
30% gas, 70% meth.......8.89
20% gas, 80% meth.......8.06
10% gas, 90% meth.......7.23
100% meth.....................6.4
I think and try different mixtures
You and I put a little oil that washed the cylinders when cold
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by Holden202T »

are you planning to mix the methanol in the tank or as its fed into the engine ?

i didn't know you were planning to run a mix, i thought you were using straight methanol.
ivanovbg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm
cars: Opel Astra F C16SE
Location: Bulgaria

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by ivanovbg »

I finished. Perfect happened to mix 20% petro and methanol 80% -167 horsepower for stock 100.Compression-15.7/1
Thanks to all :punk:
If knowledge does not help, try a power (hammer)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by Holden202T »

15.7:1 ... how are you managing that ? i didn't even think you could run that much compression with straight methanol!!
User avatar
Apples
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by Apples »

The most compression I ever saw was in the USA at Cosworth Indy engine plant, They built a YBV 2.1lt 4cylinder with 21.1 compression on methanol and direct fire ignition and put out 340hp at 10,000 rpm N/A but was stuffed after 40 lap midget race, I know I pulled down the the long block assembly to find ceramic coated pistons and chambers then I had to put it all in the bin, Wish I was allowed to keep a piston and rod. This was in the 90s when Cosworth turbo v8s were winning Indy car. We did win the midget race.
you don't get nothing for nothing now days.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: tuning of methanol

Post by Holden202T »

well my understanding is the bigger your cam is the more compression you can have as its half going out the exhaust anyways .... so for a mostly stock car you might only able to run 13:1 but for a full house race motor you could have 15:1 etc .....

but i guess things like alloy heads and such all change the equation too.