E69 bosch ECM identification

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by Gatecrasher »

That 9.6.1 FR is fascinating. There's a lot of general purpose GM stuff in there that's useful even if you're not working on this specific device. There's an extensive PID list in the T2DDM section. (All of the diagnostic stuff is prefixed as 'T2' BTW). I've found quite a bit of PID overlap with my E92. While I wouldn't gamble on everything being a 100% match, it'd still be an excellent resource for anyone reversing code on other ECMs.

T2DC is the Mode $AE stuff. There's a nice list of device control CPIDs in there as well.

I'm kind of shocked at how few CAN frames are defined for this thing though.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by kur4o »

Gatecrasher wrote:That 9.6.1 FR is fascinating. There's a lot of general purpose GM stuff in there that's useful even if you're not working on this specific device. There's an extensive PID list in the T2DDM section. (All of the diagnostic stuff is prefixed as 'T2' BTW). I've found quite a bit of PID overlap with my E92. While I wouldn't gamble on everything being a 100% match, it'd still be an excellent resource for anyone reversing code on other ECMs.

T2DC is the Mode $AE stuff. There's a nice list of device control CPIDs in there as well.

I'm kind of shocked at how few CAN frames are defined for this thing though.
Great find.

Too bad there is no conversion factor, there is some bosch identifiers that I guess are part of measurements in a.2l. file. If we can find one, scaling can be extracted and linked with pid number, making a great Pid list for CAN stuff.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:If/when I get time….. can’t promise anything but I will try & crossreference data given to what you’re after, which is your preferred file to start with?
Not urgent, when you have time any info will be highly appreciated.
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by Gatecrasher »

I got my hopes up when I saw the description for Mode 22 (T2RDPRID). It says to refer to the Mode 2C (T2DDM) for the PIDs, the number of response bytes and the scaling. But it's not there. Having it as a guidepost is still incredibly helpful though.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by kur4o »

Gatecrasher wrote:I got my hopes up when I saw the description for Mode 22 (T2RDPRID). It says to refer to the Mode 2C (T2DDM) for the PIDs, the number of response bytes and the scaling. But it's not there. Having it as a guidepost is still incredibly helpful though.
Never mind, I looked at one e55 a2l file I have from net, it got the identifiers linked to a measurement, where a scaling is available. Bad news is, Currently exporting measurements is not possible. The list is not that complete as e69, but still lots of useful info can be extracted.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by kur4o »

Here is some generated csv with math, and pid identifier from e55 a.2.l. file I have from web.

The name can be linked from the list in the function documents, and used for pid conversion with units and description if any.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by gmtech825 »

can anyone help with the needed register values for this, is it just r13, r2? I can't seem to get any data references lined up.
hjtrbo
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by hjtrbo »

Just when you think you've read heaps more gold keeps popping up. I'm just wondering if a kind sole that d/l the FR for MED9.6.1 would be able to pm me a copy? Regards, hj.
hjtrbo
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by hjtrbo »

gmtech825 wrote: Thu Jul 17, 2025 4:31 pm can anyone help with the needed register values for this, is it just r13, r2? I can't seem to get any data references lined up.
Which bin are you using? I had a quick peak at: stock file_0x00_0x200000.bin. Looks like there is settings at:
0008afa4
0008b074
00177748

r13 = 0x007FFFF0
r2 = 0x005C9FF0

This needs to be verified.
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by gmtech825 »

hjtrbo wrote: Fri Jul 18, 2025 6:37 am
gmtech825 wrote: Thu Jul 17, 2025 4:31 pm can anyone help with the needed register values for this, is it just r13, r2? I can't seem to get any data references lined up.
Which bin are you using? I had a quick peak at: stock file_0x00_0x200000.bin. Looks like there is settings at:
0008afa4
0008b074
00177748

r13 = 0x007FFFF0
r2 = 0x005C9FF0

This needs to be verified.
I'm working from a different bin from a cts. but i came up with the same values for those registers. ghidra just isn't point to any data that I can see.
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: E69 bosch ECM identification

Post by gmtech825 »

hjtrbo wrote: Fri Jul 18, 2025 6:13 am Just when you think you've read heaps more gold keeps popping up. I'm just wondering if a kind sole that d/l the FR for MED9.6.1 would be able to pm me a copy? Regards, hj.
same here!