E37 Ecu

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by Gatecrasher »

Here we go. Supplier specific security tables.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5876#p87660

I've got a different module I'm working on that doesn't conform to any of the known algos either. So I'm in the same boat as ironduke.
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by ironduke »

Gatecrasher wrote:Here we go. Supplier specific security tables.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5876#p87660

I've got a different module I'm working on that doesn't conform to any of the known algos either. So I'm in the same boat as ironduke.
Post up the seed and key here, might have better luck than I, lol..

Pretty sure he already went and purchased a new one, my need is done.. Fun to stir up the pot though.. Kinda bummed out this ecu isn't one of the known algo's..
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by kur4o »

Actually there is 3 tables. 3rd was never used as far as I know.

First leaked table changed design at some point and only the first 60 or so algo are valid.

So you need to find updated table1 and table2. I think I have them on file somewhere. If anyone is interested send me a pm.
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by Gatecrasher »

So I've been using the GMSeedKey.exe tool that I downloaded from this site. It's got three options. GMLAN, Class2, and Other. Are those the three tables you're talking about? I've had a lot of luck using GMLAN. I decided to make another pass at this video processing module using the 'other' table and I found a key that worked. (Algo 5C). Dunno if it's actually correct, or just a happy coincidence. I'll probably only ever use it once, so it's really just academic at this point.

None of the E37 seed/key pairs posted in this thread worked in that tool though.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by kur4o »

It could be using the non updated table1 which is valid till some algo number.

Which years that e37 is being used. Anyone got sps files for that pcm.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

These are all the details for those 4 seed-key details.... pretty sure there all stock CVN's so from 2008 to 2012 as a minimum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by Tazzi »

Hmm... its too old to be using dedicated online databases that the GM 5byte stuff does, so its definitely having to run through a calc.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by Tazzi »

Ok, time to mess with this. Going to attack to the SPS session and debug where the hell its pulling the key.
This is the first time I have never been able to calculate.. so to say I am intrigued is an understatement.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

If it helps & you want to see any of those files in raw binary let me know
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: E37 Ecu

Post by Gatecrasher »

I finally found the reference to the two security tables. There was an update to GMs programming utilities in 2008. There's an 'Interpreters April 01 2011" document floating around on the internet that has this statement:
To allow for more than 256 unique GM Security Alogorithms, a second “Security Table” (GMLAN-1) has been created (see the high nibble of AC2). All previously existing GM Security Algorithms will be referenced to the first “Security Table” (GMLAN-0). So now for new GM Security Algorithms, the user needs to know the algorithm number as well as the corresponding GMLAN “Security Table” number (either 0 or 1).
If you pull the utility file from SPS, it'll tell you exactly which table and algo to use.