P10 OS 12595726 will not read

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
I6phox
cars: 2005 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4.2L 4wd
1993 Chevy Silverado 5.7L 2wd
2012 Honda Odyssey 3.5L Fwd-VCM Muzzled

Re: P10 OS 12595726 will not read

Post by I6phox »

Thanks again. That points me in the right direction with such a range of tools to choose from.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Gampy wrote:This has been my favorite low cost VCI above all PERIOD: Best quality For GM MDI Scan tool with WIFI V2023.07
So, I have been touting this as as my favorite low cost VCI ... I just ordered another one!

Mine died!
One could say by my hands!
But ultimately due to a manufacturing defect.

I do not hold them accountable ... When I received it, it worked, then I dropped it, it didn't work, it came with a manufacturing defect, after research I found a cold joint on a chip set and made a clamp to hold it and it worked like a champ for a couple years, every once in awhile it would again fail, I would have to pull it apart and tighten the clamp and it would work again until it loosened again for one reason or another ... Well it happened again, it quit working and I pulled it apart to tighten it a bit more, only this time it seems not to want to come back to life, I guess I pushed it to far ...

I did contact them about it when I first got it, they jumped right on a warranty repair (even though I pulled it apart and found the issue), all I had to do was ship it to them ...

So I went to the local post office to find out how to ship it to them and the forms have some crazy small American address space to be used for crazy large Chinese addresses!

The Post office also mentioned that if it was not deliverable due to address issues that it would get tossed into the undeliverables bin and I would never see it again because the USPS does not do non deliverable returns from out of country.

There is just NO WAY I was ever going to get the supplied Chinese address to fit into them address spaces on the paperwork especially with my writing skills! Wouldn't happen!

So I never shipped it in for repair, maybe I will now if they will still take it, or if I can find someone to reflow it for me ... I did buy a hot air station to do it with but I cannot see it to do it, not even with magnifiers ... I'm just to blind!

Again, I did buy both the VCI and Harddrive of software, I never used the other hardrive at all, I don't even know where it's at now but I plan to use this one, I have a goal in mind and I believe that software on it will help me get there and I don't have to jump through the hoops to get it working as others have, it supposedly already works ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Gampy, I do have a hot air gun and a big large lighted magnifying glass and as I recall I am fairly close to you.. I could trade you for a working one while I work on yours, I have 2 at home and 2 at the shop, plus a box of 3 or 4 with various errors with at least one of them where I let the magic smoke out myself trying to trace a ckt..

At the moment the garage at home is a mess, yard is a mess with moving a shed and trenching out electrical and water lines, but one this ggetting ready for winter rush is over I would likely be spending a fair amount of time in the home shop patiently waiting for the laser to cut out the missus's designs for xmas gifts.. You'd have to be patient til I get to it, something I know your slightly lacking, hence the offer of a functioning one while I get to it.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Hmmm, I appreciate the offer ... We'll have to talk about this.

I'm in no hurry, dead of winter is fine with me, don't need a loaner, if I decide to do it, I'll PM you in the near future and we can work out the details.

Me lack in patience, naw, not me! :roll:

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!