VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
darky82
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
cars: Holden vs statesman
Location: Sydney

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by darky82 »

Thanks Wade
So manual 1-2 upshift %tps vs kph is now called hot 1-2 upshift %tps vs kph?
And what does low mode 1-2 upshift threshold mean?
Manual 1-2 upshift threshold?

I would set that to 205 and put hot 1-2 upshift %tps vs kph table back to stock numbers?
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by Wade »

Yeah put the hot tables back to normal and max out the low scaler. From what I can see vx, vy revision a and b the auto stuff is at the same locations. But the engine tune side of things isn’t. If you want anything else added to the vx xdf let me know. It takes a long time to do everything but if there’s a few things in particular your after, let me know and I’ll see what I can do
User avatar
darky82
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
cars: Holden vs statesman
Location: Sydney

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by darky82 »

Thanks for that Wade.
What is the table negative and positive?
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by Wade »

Take a screen shot or something and post those tables up mate
User avatar
darky82
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
cars: Holden vs statesman
Location: Sydney

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by darky82 »

No idea it has number in there but
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by Wade »

there ya go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
darky82
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
cars: Holden vs statesman
Location: Sydney

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by darky82 »

Cheers
I'm trying to tune trans slip, it has about 1200rpm slip during gear changes and firm up shifts
Any idea what tables should I be looking at?
I don't see a shift speeds table
I have looked at the guide but the table in the guide is named differently but it is from a VS
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by Wade »

The adaptive shift time tables make the biggest difference. You can tune the trans flash it in but once the adaptive stuff re learns it’ll go back to being a slushy box again. So play with that stuff first. Then the tps vs kph and lastly pressures. My 19c worth anyway. The1 shared a really good how to on trans tuning on here somewhere. I’m sure if that stuffs added to the vx xdf yet, but all the auto stuff is pretty easy to port over
User avatar
darky82
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
cars: Holden vs statesman
Location: Sydney

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by darky82 »

Cheers mate
I have a have a look and see how it goes
User avatar
Chr0m3
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2

Re: VX ecotec won't hold first gear

Post by Chr0m3 »

yoda69 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2024 4:32 am Change the value at $7ACE from $02 to $01.
No other tables need to be modified to make this work.
I was curious about your method so I looked into it in this bin, I'm not sure that value does what you think it does, from what I'm looking at anyway, seems to be a table related to IAC steps, am I missing something?