Holden VS V8 185 clubsport auto

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Holden VS V8 auto

Post by brindo »

I think you will need to find out what memcal is in it first. Pull the cover off the ECU to expose the memcal and it should have a sticker on it. Alternatively use the Memcal ID tool.
At a guess it should be a BSAK but you won't know till you pull the cover or ID it. But what ever memcal is in it is the bin you will need to load into Tunerpro.
This should be the XDF download/file.php?id=3700
Try this for the ADX download/file.php?id=80
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Holden VS V8 auto

Post by Pete30nz »

Hi there, next time I'll pull that ecu cover off, I should of done that today.

We had the glove box out, and couldn't spot another computer apart from the original ecu.

With the laptop I had it connected in blue at the bottom of tunerpro.
But befor I left, it wouldn't connect again.

I will get the info of the ecu memcal.

Pete
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Holden VS V8 auto

Post by Pete30nz »

Sorry, when I say I had it connected, no data was showing.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Holden VS V8 auto

Post by brindo »

Alternatively, download OSE Flashtool, and you should be able to download the bin that way too.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Holden VS V8 auto

Post by immortality »

Does this car have the extra HSV ISS security system?
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Holden VS V8 auto

Post by Pete30nz »

I can tell you it has an aftermarket alarm.
Which standard procedure is to press the aftermarket button before starting the car to turn immobilizer off.
I do remember owner saying that factory security had been disabled for some reason.

Edit:
Still start the car with the normal holden key.

I just read about ISS security, I'd have to ask him.
But by the sounds of what I read, probably not.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Holden VS V8 185 clubsport auto

Post by Pete30nz »

I havnt been back to the car at this stage.