hi there, just checking what files i need to scan the VS V8 auto.
I have just downloaded the1's enhanced zip file for holden 5.0 auto.
And i also grabbed the xdf for the VS V8.
But couldnt find the adx for VS V8. hence grabbing the enhanced zip file for ADX,XDF, it has the bin file also.
will this sort me?
Edit: subject description
cheers
Pete
Holden VS V8 185 clubsport auto
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Holden VS V8 185 clubsport auto
Last edited by Pete30nz on Thu Feb 13, 2025 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Enhanced is VS Series 3 MAF. Is this what you have, or Series 1 & 2 with the MAP sensor?
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
I just learnt that it has a link computer in it.
Will the aldl still scan it.
Not sure if it has the maf or the map.
Either way, if it is the series 1 or 2, what files would I need for that please.
Thanks
Pete
Will the aldl still scan it.
Not sure if it has the maf or the map.
Either way, if it is the series 1 or 2, what files would I need for that please.
Thanks
Pete
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Link is completely different.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Ok, thanks.
Can any one shed some light on how to connect to the link.
Cheers
Pete
Can any one shed some light on how to connect to the link.
Cheers
Pete
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Find out what Link ecu is fitted and then go to the Link website and see what is required and what software to use.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Ok, will do.
Thank you
Thank you
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Ok, more info.
It's a 185 clubsport. It has a map sensor.
Factory computer behind left kick panel.
When I plug in with aldl, I get it to connect with tunerpro RT.
I have the xdf for the VS V8.
I don't have the adx for the V8.
I'm guessing who ever said it had a link computer, was confused?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Pete
It's a 185 clubsport. It has a map sensor.
Factory computer behind left kick panel.
When I plug in with aldl, I get it to connect with tunerpro RT.
I have the xdf for the VS V8.
I don't have the adx for the V8.
I'm guessing who ever said it had a link computer, was confused?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Pete
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
I think maybe just confirm that the Link isn't piggybacked with the factory ECU. Is the wiring harness near the ECU butchered or modified in any way?
I guess also what are you looking to achieve? If you want to do some modifications and tune it, you would possibly be better off with an NVRAM and 11p.
I guess also what are you looking to achieve? If you want to do some modifications and tune it, you would possibly be better off with an NVRAM and 11p.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: Holden VS V8 auto
Hi there, the loom didn't look butchured.
Will have another look to double check.
The car is having an intermittent running issue.
We were looking at seeing sensor data or and error codes
Pete
Will have another look to double check.
The car is having an intermittent running issue.
We were looking at seeing sensor data or and error codes
Pete