I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Thanks Gareth I’ve ordered a programmer so when that arrives I’ll give that a go. Cheers much appreciated
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
So I’ve ordered a GQ-4x4 is there anything else I’ll need to re-write the Nv ram?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
just software and setup, nothing else to buy.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Does it need an adaptor? Was watching Ch0m3 Motorsport on YouTube he mentioned needing an adapter (he was using it for an ecotec) but he also showed what he described as an adapter to suit a Buick memcal which I believe is the same as what I have.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
It does not need an adapter. Im not aware of the video but I think that would be to plug a whole memcal in to a programmer. The NVRAM boards don't need that as the chip is in a socket and comes out and that chip fits directly to the standard programmer socket.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Oh ok yeah that makes he was using memcals. I guess I’m not understanding how it plugs in I just assumed you’d plug the whole unit in like a memal. It hasn’t arrived yet so haven’t had the chance to have a look yet just wanna make sure I’m prepared. Cheers
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Have a look at the large black chip, the socket, and note my warnings about getting it out and back in. It can be done without too much trouble but if your not mindful as you do it and break a pin then you need a new nvram chip too. Small movements and keep checking after a partial move of the chip out or in the first time while your getting used to it. the last pin to come out is easy to bend as is when it goes in a pin often catches on the edge of the socket and bends in the middle so it might take a bit of a push on a pin with something non conductive until you can see theyre all going in properly then push it the rest of the way.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Are you referring to the circled part? Is that the part that goes into the writer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
yes if you look at it from the side you'll see its in a socket, and you can get a very small screwdriver or similar and start lifting one end a mm or two, then the other and repeat to lift it out little by little. thats where you need to keep the legs straight. Also notice the black dot in the corner in your photo. Thats pin 1 and the programmer softwhere will show you how to align it in the programmer by showing a diagram with a dot in the corner which refers to that. And obviously need to put it back in the nvram board the same after. While its out you'll see there is a notch in one end of the socket it goes in, thats there to show you which end the dot goes to.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Ok thanks for that I actually was speaking with the dark wire guy and he suggested looking it up so I googled the chip and found an under view so I have a bit of an idea how it comes out. What software do you recommend?
Thanks
Thanks