I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Hi all I think I may have corrupted my NVRAM. I was looking at making some adjustments on the tune today I realised I hadn't done the RW jumper so I put it on in the process I don't know why I removed the other jumper anyway I put it back on along with the RW jumper and now it won't connect 
the pc reads it's there, the fuel pump primes but the blue light turns off instantly with the ignition. Help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
L67PSI
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
- cars: L67 VT Calais
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
What is the date on your nvram chip? they are said to have a 10 year life before the internal battery goes flat. It will be about where your thumb is on the last photo.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Hey mate I’ll have a look but it’s only a couple of months old so I assume it’d be pretty recent cheers
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Not sure how to decipher the date but this is a pic without my thumb in the way lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
L67PSI
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
- cars: L67 VT Calais
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
2126M is the number. 21 = Year 2021. 26 = 26th week of that year. So it's probably not a flat battery, but rather corrupted data. Others might be able to chip in soon.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Yeah it was working fine earlier today
pain in the butt lol
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Yep that sounds corrupted. Not sure what you mean by pc sees its there, Im thinking tuner pro is noy connecting and not seeing its there. You need a chip programmer and when you have one you'll need to very carefully remove the lage black dallas chip from the nvram board and program it with the correct bin file from the original ose 12p zip to get the program back on it to run the ecm. Then, in car, upload your latest calibration back on to it to get back to where you were. For the future in general once its setup and working you dont need to regularly touch the rw jumper or pull the nvram in/out. You'll need a xgecu t48 or gq-4x4 programmer from ebay or darkwire. There may be other places around the net too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
Yeah sorry I didn’t proof read that correctly
not sure why it’s done it I haven’t made any adjustments as yet was swapping it over to make a start. Ok is there a guide to using the programmer? Or is there anyone out there that could rewrite and test my ecu after it’s re written. Cheers
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
There isnt a guide, software keeps changing. The gotcha is the pins on the physical chip are thin and far too easy to bend so you need to make sure when lifting it up especially when one end starts coming out the opposite end isnt bent and when going back in all pins slide in and none are caught and bend. The programmers all need a process like select the right chip (DS1245Y), put the chip in the programmer socket with the dot at the correct end and lock it in to the socket. load the stacked bin in the software and hit write. the nvram is a ram chip so does not need the erase that the eeprom chip do.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: I think I corrupted my NVRAM 🤦🏻♂️
I'm happy to reload it for you, PM me if required.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...