Cheap CAN device for SW monitoring

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
T3klock
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2026 12:16 am
cars: Cobalt

Re: Cheap CAN device for SW monitoring

Post by T3klock »

ironduke wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:45 pm
T3klock wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:09 pm
ironduke wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 11:50 am

I guess I confuse easily, what are you trying to say? I can talk on the low speed pin 1, multiple ways.. I never said I or anyone else couldn't.. I was just pointing out a different way of doing it with hardware most people here already have on hand, nothing wrong with buying additional hardware and doing it your way.
oh I guess you just misspoke but you said "set the baud to 33.3k and you can not talk on the low speed pin 1 bus." Anyway I'm still learning all this so when I hear some like that I just want to make sure I'm doing it right lol....
Doh!!!!! Yeah... I definitely misspoke there!!! I looked back, read it to myself and still missed it!!! lmao..
Sorry about that!! Sorry to say you but sometimes I need things to be blatantly pointed out to me...
haha it's all good bro!! The last thing I want to do is piss off someone like you with your experience and knowledge and willing to help.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Cheap CAN device for SW monitoring

Post by antus »

@T3klock do you have any stability problems with that device? I also have one of those and when it works it works well but it also hard locks up and needs to be disconnected to recover. I havnt been able to find a way to do soft reset from the PC.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396