FYI - it doesn't support ISO-15765. The 'j2534 shim' is misleading in it's name, it should read 'partial j2534 shim'. Only the man version is supported - raw can.Tazzi wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 10:39 pmHad a quick overlook, seems sane!hjtrbo wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 7:59 am I'm looking into $27 now.
Tazzi, can you review the plan please. It's not the full solution, just framework and basic plumbing. Claude will do the grunt work but to turn the security module into a viable tool would need your expert input - aka: test drive it - then tell me it's farked.
Beautiful, Ill load that up later today as see how it goeshjtrbo wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 1:09 pm I've installed a security module. You can write your logic it for it and plug it in. Or play around with the common e38 pre-built one. Info is in the user manual, section 8. And there is a how to guide also. Both in the docs folder.
GM ECU Simulator
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
A small companion app to demonstrate security access on the gm ecu simulator.
https://github.com/hjtrbo/GM-Security-Tester
https://github.com/hjtrbo/GM-Security-Tester
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
User:
Please pick apart this public domain unlicensed utility looking for any bootloader blobs and seed key routines this tool would pass to a gm t43 transmission.
AI:
Hold my beer, this will take about 15 minutes.
... 15 minutes later
User:
Study the push kernel. Please create a power pc emulator to run the kernel and interact with the simulators virtual bus. This step will be a key link in the download / upload simulator feature pathway.
Holy fuck Claude is good.
Please pick apart this public domain unlicensed utility looking for any bootloader blobs and seed key routines this tool would pass to a gm t43 transmission.
AI:
Hold my beer, this will take about 15 minutes.
... 15 minutes later
User:
Study the push kernel. Please create a power pc emulator to run the kernel and interact with the simulators virtual bus. This step will be a key link in the download / upload simulator feature pathway.
Holy fuck Claude is good.
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
T43 download working against the t43 tool. A nice bonus feature is I capture the bootloader blobs to file as they're been transferred over the virtual bus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: GM ECU Simulator
Where did you get this T43 tool?? I misread and thought claude wrote that..
Looks like someone added a gui to my old code.. Don't think I did, only gui I remember playing with was for E38 that I didn't really finish..
Looks like someone added a gui to my old code.. Don't think I did, only gui I remember playing with was for E38 that I didn't really finish..
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
I've had it for years. Maybe you gave it to me, or its out in the wild? I don't know. It was command line based so I wrapped a ui shell over it. Feel free to pm me if this needs further discussion.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: GM ECU Simulator
ahh... lmao.. so yeah, I mighta sent it to you.. command line only.. The gui shell definitely threw me off.. Looks production compared to the command line..hjtrbo wrote: Fri May 15, 2026 12:10 am I've had it for years. Maybe you gave it to me, or its out in the wild? I don't know. It was command line based so I wrapped a ui shell over it. Feel free to pm me if this needs further discussion.
s=So I guess the good news is the simulator will work real good at grabbing files from gm then.. Sometimes sps2 sends out requests for Os, hardware ID and end model number.. I am assuming you'll be able to handle those requests on the fly?
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
I don't think it will work with sps as it wants to see a mdi as the pass thru. Does that sound right? I don't know much about sps and what it wants. If you can point it to the simulators dll then yes, many things are possible.
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: GM ECU Simulator
I would need to add that support. It is trivial though, just some boxes where you enter that information. The simulator tool does have ecu profiles, adding hardware id & model number fields to the profile is the right place.ironduke wrote: Fri May 15, 2026 12:15 amahh... lmao.. so yeah, I mighta sent it to you.. command line only.. The gui shell definitely threw me off.. Looks production compared to the command line..hjtrbo wrote: Fri May 15, 2026 12:10 am I've had it for years. Maybe you gave it to me, or its out in the wild? I don't know. It was command line based so I wrapped a ui shell over it. Feel free to pm me if this needs further discussion.
s=So I guess the good news is the simulator will work real good at grabbing files from gm then.. Sometimes sps2 sends out requests for Os, hardware ID and end model number.. I am assuming you'll be able to handle those requests on the fly?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: GM ECU Simulator
SPS is ok with any J2534 that properly meets the spec, so long as its not an MDI clone. Those are blacklisted.
Be careful with binary blobs, some are copyrighted. Always check for copyright notices. Note that SPS only writes, you need to adapt to your own read. Ideally create your own kernel. Just getting 1 step ahead - only post original work that you have the rights to directly on this site. But when those requirements are met, please do share
Be careful with binary blobs, some are copyrighted. Always check for copyright notices. Note that SPS only writes, you need to adapt to your own read. Ideally create your own kernel. Just getting 1 step ahead - only post original work that you have the rights to directly on this site. But when those requirements are met, please do share
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396