Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered with the oil pump cover. Fitted my double row, chucked it all back together, turned it over, no strange noises.... Turned the key :D
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Some need it some dont. I needed a new cover as I was out of good ones anyway.

some more progress.

cam all lubed up.
IMG_2620_zpsgulmvtkz.jpg
Lifters fitted in place and head gaskets. Timing set washed and oiled. Just all loosely in place for now.
IMG_2621_zpsroo0xix1.jpg

heads and bolts loosely in place and will torque the bolts down tomorrow.
IMG_2622_zpsgbch7cs5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

If mine touched it would of come off and had a lick with the grinder, got a wash and gone back on :D

Coming along nicely :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

I know it probably wont make a difference, but I'd try the cam timing with the chain tensioner installed, that might change your reading a degree or two!
wozza
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
cars: VR commodore

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by wozza »

opps nevermind :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:I know it probably wont make a difference, but I'd try the cam timing with the chain tensioner installed, that might change your reading a degree or two!
there is no slack what so ever.

Literally just enough to pull the sprocket on to the cam, only just. The double row is designed to run with no tensioner while the single row is as it more slack for that reason.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Yes, they aren't the easiest to get on but that is a good thing.

You could always put it at +6 to allow for any slack and a little wear and tear with age.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

digging through my sock of NOS parts, I found a brand new cam bolt :thumbup:

got the heads torqued down, put a little extra sealant on the treads on top of the per-applied stuff. I use loctite 565 pipe thread sealant.

have installed the lifter guides, brand new ones. only couple left in Oz and very hard to find.
IMG_2625_zpsgqez0stg.jpg

checked the intake and as I though, it needs shaving which is great considering it means it will be a fresh corrosion free finish once machined.

Probably 20-30 thou I will get machined off and see how it fits. Once that is sorted I will port match it. then mask it all up and get it blasted and painted.

IMG_2624_zpsljgjzq8n.jpg
IMG_2623_zpsrkbue7jp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Yes, they aren't the easiest to get on but that is a good thing.

You could always put it at +6 to allow for any slack and a little wear and tear with age.
I tried +6 and it was too advance so +4 is almost spot on.

The sim showed the power and torque curve only changing 1hp either ends at 2º either way, I'm only out 1º so virtually no change.



I also did a quick push rod check. they are way too long for these lifters lol. my preload is at 4-4.5mm where it needs to be 2.09mm

So custom or closest off the shelf ones are the go. Will buy some adjustable ones so I can set and measure the correct length.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Looking good mate !