USB BDM NT

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
G-Body
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2025 3:57 pm
cars: 85 El Camino SS
85 Monte Carlo SS
05 CTS-V

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by G-Body »

In-Tech wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:59 am Hi David and all,

I received my USB BDM NT a few days ago and want to play with this dead p59 I have. I really like the jigs you and NSFW made and I hope to print one up soon. It's been so long since I did any jtag type stuff I have a couple questions to make sure I don't screw up.

BDM.jpg

Connection
BDM connector of USB BDMNT NT ECU411
Pin 1 DS
Pin 2 BERR
Pin 3 GND
Pin 4 DSCLK
Pin 6 FREEZE
Pin 7 RESET
Pin 8 DSI
Pin 10 DSO
Connect WPP to 12V with 100ohm resitor. Make sure WPP is > 11.4V when power on.

Does the u-link NT only use 7 wires instead of 8 (on all the AMD PCM`s)? The wiring info on the BDM youtube video does not have the DS wire connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... m&sttick=0

u-link NT is replacing USB BDM NT to program MC6833X CPU.
u-link NT has the highest clock set to 9MHz instead of 6MHz. The read speed is faster then USB BDM NT.
Connection
Pin 2GND (White)
Pin 3 Freeze (Gray)
Pin 4 Beer (Purple)
Pin 5 Reset (Blue)
Pin 6 DSCK (Green)
Pin 8 DSO (Orange)
Pin 10 DSI (Brown)
usbbdm
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by usbbdm »

DS pin is not used. Normally it is the power from the board to power the interface chip.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by antus »

Linking back to ls1 early 97/98 (NOT P01) here: viewtopic.php?p=139795#p139795

Thanks to busta9876!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396