Using Holden202's $12P Methanol Tune In A V6

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Holden202T

Re: Using Holden202's $12P Methanol Tune In A V6

Post by Holden202T »

i think he might be talking about the dash gauge upper and lower limits ....

there should be a methanol specific adx in the 12P zip file, are you using that ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok i've just had a look at the log .... with methanol adx its showing 3.1 on the wideband gauge .... its not moving at all though so i think something else is wrong.

also the engine is commanding 14.7 so its not setup properly. ....

can you post your current tune up on here for me to have a look at ?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks for looking at this stuff for me. The bin is nearly the same as the 2bar bin that we are using on the blown motor, just set up for 1 bar.
I've tried to use the methanol adx that you have mentioned, when I try to "load the definition file" the program crashes. So I'm doing something wrong somewhere.
I'm still not sure that the LM-1 is connected to the 808 yet. I have an engine set up in a stand, so that I can test some things easier, but I don't have a wiring loom yet, still on the look out. The only local wrecker that is here isn't interested in finding one.
Test2+8%.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you haven't done so already, update to the latest version of tunerpro 5 ... that might be the issues with the adx crashing.

i'll have a look at the bin and post later.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I done an update after my previous post & the methanol adx works now, but the dash,items list, history tables are all stationary. The monitors tab works ok. I've attached another bin & log that was slightly richer than the previous one.
Test2+10%.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Test2+10%.rar
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

honestly i wouldn't bother changing the tune till you have an oxygen sensor reading
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i dunno if its just me but it looks like the throttle is all over the shop, and i doubt that you are on and off the pedal like that so quickly so maybe the log is corrupted or im using the wrong adx or something ?

also looking at the tune, i cannot comprehend some of the changes that have been made and where the spark and ve tables came from ??

please let me know the following:

* what map sensor is on it at the moment ?
* what injectors are in it ?

a while back i made you a base tune to start with i can't see any of the stuff i put in that tune in this one ? have you started again with another file or what ?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Both of these logs were taken 10 mins apart.
I think the rpm change that you see is the engine hunting, as this is what I was trying to log with TP5 so that I can change it. I also logged with the LM-1 at the same time.
The map sensor is std 1bar GMH.
Injectors are Series 1 V6 drilled to .040", the same as the blown motor has(450cc I think that they worked out at).
I think this is in an earlier post but the bin that you made I couldn't get to start the blown motor (because I wasn't burning the chip with the correct Offset) so out of desperation I concocted this out of a std OSE_$12P_BLCD_V6. At the same time my LM-1 O2 sensor turned out to be faulty which was giving me false readings, either to rich or lean(memory is a little foggy due to excess consumption of beer)The XDF I use is OSE_12PV110-fixed_datatypes_for_tracing_1&2bar.I think the timing curve was taken from you bin & pasted to the bin that I made, but it works in the blown motor which we have run on a dyno.
Hope this answers some of your questions.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

v6bucket wrote:Both of these logs were taken 10 mins apart.
I think the rpm change that you see is the engine hunting, as this is what I was trying to log with TP5 so that I can change it. I also logged with the LM-1 at the same time.
I was talking about the throttle not the rpm's
The map sensor is std 1bar GMH.
ok well the tune is set to 1 bar map sensor (on the map a tune) so thats probably fine
Injectors are Series 1 V6 drilled to .040", the same as the blown motor has(450cc I think that they worked out at).
I think this is in an earlier post but the bin that you made I couldn't get to start the blown motor (because I wasn't burning the chip with the correct Offset) so out of desperation I concocted this out of a std OSE_$12P_BLCD_V6. At the same time my LM-1 O2 sensor turned out to be faulty which was giving me false readings, either to rich or lean(memory is a little foggy due to excess consumption of beer)
The tune you have made from my one has alot of stuff changed which i don't understand why you have changed it for, added to that, you have all the air fuel ratio tables with 14.7's in them, when my tune had 6.40s in there (methanol specific numbers)
I'd suggest you need to go back to my tune and richen up the injector constant till it runs - but the fact that my tune had .060 inj rate in there and it still wasn't running is interesting, because if your injectors are actually running at 450cc/min that would work out to be approx .050 inj rate ..... which means if you have .060 it should be too rich!!

The XDF I use is OSE_12PV110-fixed_datatypes_for_tracing_1&2bar.
You need to use the one with methanol in the name as its got the right setup for the wideband to display in the gauge methanol AFR's not petrol and you also need to get the lm1 analog output working in the logs otherwise theres no way of knowing what its doing.
I think the timing curve was taken from you bin & pasted to the bin that I made, but it works in the blown motor which we have run on a dyno.
You should be using the V6 timing map, and the one in your posted bin is nothing like it.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I've taken that on board, gone back to your V6 methanol bin that you made & I'll use it next time I can get near the car.
In the mean time I'll have to get the wide band working between the LM-1 & TP5.