tailshaft, hand brake cable and its sheath, does dirt count?slewinson wrote:What about bolts, nuts and washers. Don't forget the bushes too!vlad01 wrote:lol, me any HQ counted up the springs and shockers, brake lines and ABS cables too. Can't forget them!jenko wrote:I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains![]()
Simon
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
In other news, i have a vn v6 wiring loom with factory fitted denso connectors 
And once i get around to it, integrate the vl400 ignition module loom
And once i get around to it, integrate the vl400 ignition module loom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Do you have any spare looms to suit the 202? New car new loom? Good excuse to make one from scratch to suit your set up. Easier if you had one as a template.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
No i left the old loom in the gemini, started again with this one
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So your going to run a CAS and coil packs by the look of it.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yep same as it was in the gemini, reluctor CAS with 36 - 1 chopper wheel, and 6 LS2 coils, none of that is changing from how it was, as I have finally got it all sorted and working, the last thing needed for that was the larger injectors, its just a matter of creating a new loom to do it all in the new car.
I should clarify, I left the efi loom in the gemini, but removed all the coils and ignition module wiring, then just added the stuff from my brothers VS commodore to the gemini to suit his camira ignition module and LSx coil driver module that he was using - the gemini efi wiring was rather integrated into the car so would have been a big backward step to take it out.
I should clarify, I left the efi loom in the gemini, but removed all the coils and ignition module wiring, then just added the stuff from my brothers VS commodore to the gemini to suit his camira ignition module and LSx coil driver module that he was using - the gemini efi wiring was rather integrated into the car so would have been a big backward step to take it out.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
How'd you go finding a good VN loom? I have a VR V8 auto loom here Im doing some work on for a bloke and it's like crispy bacon. I did tell him to go shopping for another one but he wasn't keen. I'm to scared to bend it in places. I wanted to make him a new one but he didn't want to spend the money.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah I have a few in the stash from when my brother and I have found $200 vn's for parts 
there was one connector that was pretty brittle, the DFI plug and the oil pressure sensor plug, but I am not using either of them.... the knock sensor wire was ok surprisingly as is the o2 wire.
there was one connector that was pretty brittle, the DFI plug and the oil pressure sensor plug, but I am not using either of them.... the knock sensor wire was ok surprisingly as is the o2 wire.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Bit more done on the wiring, with this one I wanted to have everything in one connector so the engine loom can come out still on the motor, and also in-corporate all the ignition module stuff into the one loom.
A quick tally up of what was needed and it was pretty obvious this plug wasn't going to be large enough.
So I grabbed a parts wiring loom and removed the connector off it that normally goes to the rear of the car for tail lights and such, and re-pinned it to suit what I needed.
I'll probably add a few more like the water temp gauge and oil pressure gauge once I work them all out.
so I got that all connected up and roughly tidied up, on the right you can see the ignition module wiring, I am not sure what I am going to do for the coil wires yet, as I am not sure where the coils are going to be mounted at this stage.
The group of wires with nothing on them above the ignition module wiring is the diag mode wires and the ALDL from the ignition module these will be connected to switches so I can turn the aldl off (it interferes with the ecm comms) and the diag mode being on a switch is really handy for when your out at the track and wanting to check timing and such save mucking around with paper clips!
I also have the other side of the plug with a reasonable amount of wire on it so it should be able to run to most of what is needed without a join.
A quick tally up of what was needed and it was pretty obvious this plug wasn't going to be large enough.
So I grabbed a parts wiring loom and removed the connector off it that normally goes to the rear of the car for tail lights and such, and re-pinned it to suit what I needed.
I'll probably add a few more like the water temp gauge and oil pressure gauge once I work them all out.
so I got that all connected up and roughly tidied up, on the right you can see the ignition module wiring, I am not sure what I am going to do for the coil wires yet, as I am not sure where the coils are going to be mounted at this stage.
The group of wires with nothing on them above the ignition module wiring is the diag mode wires and the ALDL from the ignition module these will be connected to switches so I can turn the aldl off (it interferes with the ecm comms) and the diag mode being on a switch is really handy for when your out at the track and wanting to check timing and such save mucking around with paper clips!
I also have the other side of the plug with a reasonable amount of wire on it so it should be able to run to most of what is needed without a join.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
User friendly is the go