Yep that's connected. Good thought thoughvs ss wrote:Yes they are the colors for that plug
FC with VT 5L
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FC with VT 5L
The purple wire in the mentioned plug, if you feed it +12v it should make the starter crank that might be an easy way to see if that part of the loom is ok
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
Hmmm will do!
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: FC with VT 5L
While unplugged, might also be worth checking to see if the relay is sending 12v down to the plug when you turn the key.
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
Tested but I am a noob with a voltmeter.... So be kind
I hooked it up this way turned key an nothing. That's after I swapped three different relays. Pos to purple and neg to batt and nothing.
I did notice that when I plugged back in there is a very quiet high pitched noise. Don't know where it's coming from though.
I hooked it up this way turned key an nothing. That's after I swapped three different relays. Pos to purple and neg to batt and nothing.
I did notice that when I plugged back in there is a very quiet high pitched noise. Don't know where it's coming from though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
And I don't know if it affects it but the abs and srs are disconnected and the fuse int the engine bay is removed.
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: FC with VT 5L
Put the black lead in the "COM" socket of the multimeter, not the 10A one and try again 
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
I did try that too. And still had no reading. High pitch sound is annoying though
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
Tapped the starter motor and it just spun freely...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FC with VT 5L
spun freely might indicate another issue, but if your not getting anything from the purple wire that's an issue, assuming the pic is showing it plugged into the engine bay loom side of the plug ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread