Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:QFM Pads go well, ive always used them :thumbup: Yeh ive given up on PS racks, ive put new seals in mine a heap of times and doesn't last that long, maybe a casting issue or something? As my VX Wagon has no leaks at all.

I got a reco rack for my VP 154k ago and its still way tighter than any holden factory setup I ever driven and that is a very harsh almost rally 154k I put on it

best part is I bought it for just over 100 bucks from a liquidating steering/suspension company in QLD and had it posted over. :lol:


I have never had a rack leak though. Only sloppy play.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

old vs new. Boge with superpro strut top and bearings.
I reused the spring and dust boot as they were fine. I sikaflexed the bottom of the spring to the strut as they have no insulators.
That should stop the spring "boinging" under hard travel. :thumbup:
IMG_0898_zps721c544c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

some more updates. Its been a bit slow lately. Waiting for the next pay day so I can splash out on a torque wrench, engine stand and get the harmonic balancer, billet flywheel, clutch and new clutch fork happening.
IMG_0928_zps843942b6.jpg
IMG_0948_zps8b341563.jpg
IMG_0949_zpse1a68711.jpg
IMG_0950_zps92507d14.jpg
IMG_0951_zps04401304.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

btw, if you are wondering what paint I used. I used Rust bullet.

toughest and stickiest paint I have ever used. Regarded as one of the best anti corrosion paints out there and i have no doubt at all after using it.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

Looking better than new! Wont want to drive that when its all done :lol:
trikky73
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 am
cars: VS V6 Sedan

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by trikky73 »

fark you are doing an awesome job
better stay away from gravel roads once done
pity they were never that well made from the factory
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by The1 »

lookin awesome mate, job well done.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

yeah this one will be a mostly grandpa spec keeper. :D

yes this paint it tougher than powder coat, I recall it saying it was mostly aluminium solids by weight.

Its a moisture curing urethane paint. It really really aggressively adheres to just about everything with minimal prep. Since the tank is tin/lead coated I needed a paint that would stick. This did not disappoint.

http://www.rustbullet.com/uploads/RBAEngData0210.pdf

its not cheap though, but well worth it. $87 per quart (950~ ml)

I have used other top brand paints like por15 before but they don't compare to how well this works.


There is a topcoat for it as well, gloss black, white and clear.

I will be doing the sump, tailshaft and few other bits with the silver protective paint then the black gloss for final finish.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

oh yeah, those are NOS correct mudflaps if anyone was wondering. They were spare leftovers from when I was trying to put together a full correct set for the VP and thought I would sell them as I would unlikely get a VR or VS.

Well they came in handy :lol: The back ones were stuffed but front still good so worked out awesome
FXST02
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 am
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan
Location: Perth WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by FXST02 »

vlad01 wrote:some more updates. Its been a bit slow lately. Waiting for the next pay day so I can splash out on a torque wrench, engine stand and get the harmonic balancer, billet flywheel, clutch and new clutch fork happening.
Vlad,

What sizes are the hoses on the tank?

cheers
Eddie