OSEPlugin for Tunerpro 5 v1.80

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Helical
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)

Re: OSEPlugin for Tunerpro 5 v1.49

Post by Helical »

I've done a bit of logging on Win8 64 bit without any issues, not done anything intensive yet.
stevemc32

Post by stevemc32 »

If I can, I'd like to make a very small suggestion for your documentation "TunerPro RT Setup using OSEPlugin V140.pdf".

As a complete beginner I spent days looking for the "Desired Idle RPM" scalar to do "a good test to demonstrate it is working but without changing anything critical", after getting the emulation mode working. The accompanying picture on page 10 shows the scalar list also. I think a quick following sentence pointing new users to the applicable tables would make for a useful addition to the instructions.

Great job on all the tools available here and I'd really like to contribute more but I think this is about all I've got for now... I hope it's helpful.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

tunerpro also has a search function... lose items all the time. id be lost without the search box :D
0081(2)
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6

Post by 0081(2) »

I'm having issues getting the plugin to work can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

I have down loaded the file but i don't have a plugin folder in tuner pro just a sounds folder. is this the cause of the problem ??
I just unzipped it to the tunerPro folder then selected OSE Plugin v 1.49 in the prefences tab for both data aquisition and the emulation sections.

Then in the configure plugin i have the com port set as 2 speed 8192 vehicle is VY cable echo is checked.
then when i try and connect it comes up with hardware not found and a pop up boxs says cant detect ECM PCM and lists some possible problems.

I can connect with tunerpro with out this plugin but sometimes it takes a few goes as it just displays random info.
the flash tool workes fine also.

Is it the fact i have no plugin folder and its not looking in the right place or something else ??
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

is it a vy flash ecu if so no plugin needed as you cant emulate on a flash ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thats not technically correct. You can not emulate. You need to edit a bin file offline, then use the oseflash tool from http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82 to send it to the pcm. Only upload cal, not bin. There are special instructions in the thread Ive linked. Be sure to read "very important information on using the flash tool with a flash based pcm" in the link.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
0081(2)
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6

Post by 0081(2) »

Yeah i have read it all and flashed the PCM quite a few times now but i though the plugin tells the BCM to shut up when it's trying to connect ???? tunerpro connects every time but the gauges just go mental with rubbish data and i need to disconnect and try again, this can take several goes before it gets a clean connection.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah dont use the plug in to log. The plugin multiplexes the logging and emulating so you can do both when you have an nvram and modified code. Use the standard tunerpro plugins and try again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Daviero
cars: 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Post by Daviero »

I cannot get TunerPro to update or upload to the PCM.
I have NVRAM on a 7165 ECM, running $12P, the V1.49 plugin version and the latest update of TP5.
Preferences, com ports and drivers are set up according to the literature.
All communications from the PCM to Tunerpro work - TP connects, emulation button goes green, tracing even works when running the engine.
I just cannot upload or update anything to the ECM.
I have exhausted my ideas and effort to figure this out.
Any ideas as to where to look and what to revise?

Thanks
Daviero
4.6 Northstar powered 88 Fiero GT
88 Pontiac Fiero GT
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

have you soldered in the write wire on the back of the pcm?