FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Macca97
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
- cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
- Location: Mid North Coast
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
so when you do the next revamp it'll be a Jzed head?
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Probably not, need a whole new inlet to use that!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Is that Yella Terra head alloy? Where I used to work we had the cast 12 port head with the roller rockers and I am sure it has been put in the recycle bin after the place was closed down. A teacher there had a passion for the old Holden 6 and taught a specialised course for HP mods and tuning so he bought all the good gear for out Turbo 6 and had a great time but the course got shut down (Government politics) and then the section closed not long after I retired so the illiterates got in and just put it all in the recycle bin. ARGH.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yeah it would probably be the same casting as your cast iron head just in alloy, shame if something like that got tossed out!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Just found this thread. This will be awesome.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So I had a complaint that there hasn't been any updates on this car in a while, and while there has been plenty happening, its not really a lot to show for it, but anyways here it is 
installed some crush tubes into the chassis rails for the gearbox crossmember
Ground back all the welds and gave it a bit of a hit with some anti-rust protection!
I then put them back in the car and actually got them fully welded to the front of the four link and worked out where they needed to go to be in the right spot for the front end etc, the front end is actually connected to the rails now, but I haven't taken a photo of that.
So with it in the car and a few angles and lengths worked out I decided to make the notches for the radiator to slot into, similar to the crush tubes, a lot of time and work with not a lot to show at the end of it!
Its worth noting that the chassis rails are 50mm wide, and the slots on the front of them are 25mm wide which is the same thickness as the square tube I used to make the radiator support on the original front end before I went down this chassis rail upgrade path .... so I will make another one very similar.
Next I made the gearbox crossmember as I want to sit the motor and gearbox in the car over the weekend so I can make sure all my measurements are right of where it all sits before I go too much further and so i can start on making the engine mounts!!
installed some crush tubes into the chassis rails for the gearbox crossmember
Ground back all the welds and gave it a bit of a hit with some anti-rust protection!
I then put them back in the car and actually got them fully welded to the front of the four link and worked out where they needed to go to be in the right spot for the front end etc, the front end is actually connected to the rails now, but I haven't taken a photo of that.
So with it in the car and a few angles and lengths worked out I decided to make the notches for the radiator to slot into, similar to the crush tubes, a lot of time and work with not a lot to show at the end of it!
Its worth noting that the chassis rails are 50mm wide, and the slots on the front of them are 25mm wide which is the same thickness as the square tube I used to make the radiator support on the original front end before I went down this chassis rail upgrade path .... so I will make another one very similar.
Next I made the gearbox crossmember as I want to sit the motor and gearbox in the car over the weekend so I can make sure all my measurements are right of where it all sits before I go too much further and so i can start on making the engine mounts!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
thats better!
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Has that dog normally got red eyes or is it just the flash? Red eyes means too much Dingo.