No DirectX problems here, those are for Windows users...
Vlad's rides thread
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Aha, 3D
No DirectX problems here, those are for Windows users...
No DirectX problems here, those are for Windows users...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Ditching the nylocs and fitting castle nuts.
I hate nylocs, always working loose. So I used an old castle nut and drilled some holes
Will pick up new nuts on Monday and my flywheel, clutch fork and HD clutch kit should all be there on Monday. Then off to balancing they go.
I hate nylocs, always working loose. So I used an old castle nut and drilled some holes
Will pick up new nuts on Monday and my flywheel, clutch fork and HD clutch kit should all be there on Monday. Then off to balancing they go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
personally i think if a nyloc is working loose its either not tight enough to begin with or its been on and off too many times and the plastic is fucked!
also i hate split pins cause they usually always end up being in between the two castle nut posts is the best spot!! .... thats just me
also i hate split pins cause they usually always end up being in between the two castle nut posts is the best spot!! .... thats just me
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
I point it down to vibrations mostly. I get lots of vibration cos of my suspension setup and the fact we have absolutely awful roads in my local area. Some of the roads I drive on would fuck most new cars and probably set off air bags.
I only have nylocs come loose, other styles of locking nuts have been fine. One of the issues with nyloc is the lack of adequate thread. Engineering rule of thumb is the thread length of a nut should at least be 1.5 the thread diameter. nyloc is like 1:1 or less in most cases.
I only have nylocs come loose, other styles of locking nuts have been fine. One of the issues with nyloc is the lack of adequate thread. Engineering rule of thumb is the thread length of a nut should at least be 1.5 the thread diameter. nyloc is like 1:1 or less in most cases.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
some goodies! billet flywheel and extreme HD organic clutch, Alloy clutch fork.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Well, my tail shaft , harmonic balancer an flywheel/clutch assembly have all gone to Duggan's balancing in Reservoir VIC.
Should be ready either Thursday or Friday. So that means I should be able to drop the engine into the bay this weekend
Should be ready either Thursday or Friday. So that means I should be able to drop the engine into the bay this weekend
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
i assume your just getting each part balanced by itself ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
mirror balancing to the originals
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
been working on this in impact CAD. See the PDF file.
Its the sensor bracket and paddle for the clutch pedal.
it may need additional tabs on the bracket to cable tie the cable to it. But the aim is to route a proto-type in aluminum sheet to test fit. Once its all perfected I will get several laser cut in 1mm gal sheet.
Its the sensor bracket and paddle for the clutch pedal.
it may need additional tabs on the bracket to cable tie the cable to it. But the aim is to route a proto-type in aluminum sheet to test fit. Once its all perfected I will get several laser cut in 1mm gal sheet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
So I scored a pair of NOS tranny mounts. finally!
25 each.
also with both genuine front ball joints now at hand. I took it to my machinist and the conundrum of how to drill them dead straight became a real challenge. So we came up with some ideas on a jig. He said it was going to cost me a fortune in setup time so he gave me some metal block so I can make it a weekend project to keep costs minimal.
After I am done, I'll probably hand it back for him to drill the holes as I don't have access to a drill press or mill. I do have a drill press at work but being china crap the chuck is eccentric by about 1mm
therefore you can't drill accurate round holes at all.
So basically the idea is, this gets bolted to the milling table, there will be 3x threaded holes to which the ball joint and arm are aligned and bolted to this fixture. 1 bolt is removed, then the mill is centered to the hole and then its drilled to 9.6mm or what ever tolerance we decide. Bolt is placed back and tightened and then the same procedure goes to the next hole. Because each hole is unbolted drilled and re-bolted one at a time nothing moves and it all remains dead straight and alignment is maintained.
In other news. my stuff has been balanced but was late in the day so I might try to pick it all up Monday or Tuesday.
25 each.
also with both genuine front ball joints now at hand. I took it to my machinist and the conundrum of how to drill them dead straight became a real challenge. So we came up with some ideas on a jig. He said it was going to cost me a fortune in setup time so he gave me some metal block so I can make it a weekend project to keep costs minimal.
After I am done, I'll probably hand it back for him to drill the holes as I don't have access to a drill press or mill. I do have a drill press at work but being china crap the chuck is eccentric by about 1mm
So basically the idea is, this gets bolted to the milling table, there will be 3x threaded holes to which the ball joint and arm are aligned and bolted to this fixture. 1 bolt is removed, then the mill is centered to the hole and then its drilled to 9.6mm or what ever tolerance we decide. Bolt is placed back and tightened and then the same procedure goes to the next hole. Because each hole is unbolted drilled and re-bolted one at a time nothing moves and it all remains dead straight and alignment is maintained.
In other news. my stuff has been balanced but was late in the day so I might try to pick it all up Monday or Tuesday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.