CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by immortality »

I went VT style MC and booster and I'll never go back. Still using the original VT type reservoir. Doesn't look to bad to me.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

VT master is stepped 1 1/16 to 1" with a fast fill valve for the front lines which are in the larger part of the bore.
The VT booster have a higher boost ratio than previous models. Great bits of gear.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

well I am looking at different options now as the one I had is now screwed :P to do what I need with a commodore one I need to remove the shaft out of it and get it turned down and threaded, but the problem there is to get it out you need to fully disassemble the booster, and commodore boosters are not really made to be taken apart after assembled I found out!

so I am debating weather to even bother with it or to get a different MC to suit the Bedford booster..... .... but im also interested to know, does the VT 4 bolt firewall side fit into the holes of an earlier model commodore or are they in different locations ?

thinking maybe if the bolt holes are right and the total length is no more than the earlier model ones it will be a doable option .... now that I know what not to do when pulling them apart!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

They are different spacings, i have the measurements here i will hunt them up for you.
There is a company selling them commercially that are re drilled to accept pre vt fire wall bracket and with master cylinder fittings to take the older single flare lines.
And a rose joint already tapped into the shaft.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by HQ355 »

Ring a place in melbourne called hydroboost, he dreams boosters when he sleeps
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

Here is thw measurements i took when fitting vt booster and master in my vr.
Fitted C5 front callipers and braided lines all round including the short one to the diff.
Brakes are awesome.
20150223_195748.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dazza92VP »

A lot of the guys just put a couple of cuts in the vt booster bracket and bending them in to the same as the early model one no need to buy a new bracket
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by vlad01 »

does the VT MC fit the earlier boosters?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

well I found a VS one I have (just the master) and it looks like the bolt holes are heaps further out than the earlier ones.

thanks for the info, I think i'll give that option a miss, as it stands I can buy the right master cylinder and have that bolt straight onto the Bedford booster, that's looking like my easiest option at this point! :P
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

vlad01 wrote:does the VT MC fit the earlier boosters?
It will fit onto a VS plastic booster with a 10mm spacer which you can buy from Sydney Race Brakes.
VS plastic booster bolts to all VS and earlier firewalls. Thats the V6 one V8 still ran the steel dual diaghram.