kur4o wrote:You are stating the obvious and known stuff, so no offense here.
PCM Hammer P12 development
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
I have an opportunity to get some PCMs from my local salvage yard. Does anyone KNOW what years the P10 vs P12 usage was?
There are 2002, 2003 and 2007 Trailblazers.
Doesn't list any other vehicles with the 4.2l, nor any of the cars.
Mike
There are 2002, 2003 and 2007 Trailblazers.
Doesn't list any other vehicles with the 4.2l, nor any of the cars.
Mike
-
darkman5001
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
- cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
2002 and 2003 use the P10, and 2007 uses the P12.MudDuck514 wrote:I have an opportunity to get some PCMs from my local salvage yard. Does anyone KNOW what years the P10 vs P12 usage was?
There are 2002, 2003 and 2007 Trailblazers.
Doesn't list any other vehicles with the 4.2l, nor any of the cars.
Mike
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
Thanks. I wasn't sure about the 2007, but was pretty sure of the others being P10s.darkman5001 wrote: 2002 and 2003 use the P10, and 2007 uses the P12.
I hope to go get the P12 on Sunday, along with its plugs.
May find another P05 and P11 just to have them as I already have the plugs for them.
Mike
-
bojimmy35
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:59 pm
- cars: Don't have a shed
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
I might be able to get a p12 as soon as tomorrow for testing, don't have a vehicle to test it in but can power it on the bench and potentially make a good door stop out of it
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
For those that are interested ...
This is the read of the failed (timed out??) erase.
It did the right sector, it looks completely done ...
This is the read of the failed (timed out??) erase.
It did the right sector, it looks completely done ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
yep that looks good, and looks recoverable. if you continue forward and repeat the same calibration write until the kernel can successfully detect the end of the erase, you'll likely solve this issue, then we'll find out if the programming stage is going to work as is or need more development.
The A2 00 recovery is interesting because this would be an A2 01 (calibration) recovery in a P01/P59. So it appears it no longer makes a difference.
As we know the A2 00 provides a way in, your erasing the correct sector, so the only way is forward from here. We need to determine if the detection of the end of the erase failed because of timeout, because the chip responded differently, or some other bug.
The A2 00 recovery is interesting because this would be an A2 01 (calibration) recovery in a P01/P59. So it appears it no longer makes a difference.
As we know the A2 00 provides a way in, your erasing the correct sector, so the only way is forward from here. We need to determine if the detection of the end of the erase failed because of timeout, because the chip responded differently, or some other bug.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Cincinnatus
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:49 am
- cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
Is the PCM stuck? You can read it and try to write it (it doesn't see the erase yet), but can it be powered down?
-
darkman5001
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
- cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
PCM has been powered down multiple times. Still alive.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer P12 development
So, we have erasure ...
But no write ...[10:33:34:055] Processing range 020000-03FFFF
[10:33:34:075] Erasing.
[10:33:34:092] TX: 6C 10 F0 3D 05 02 00 00
[10:33:34:110] RX: 6C F0 10 7D 05 00 00
Note the AA code.[10:33:34:123] Writing...
[10:33:34:138] Sending payload with offset 0x0000, start address 0x020000, length 0x0400.
[10:33:34:211] TX: 6D 10 F0 36 00 04 00 02 00 00 ....... Wacked for brevity
[10:33:34:457] RX: 6D F0 10 7F 36 00 AA
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!