Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I thought the TCC temps were weird, so maxxing those would still be the easiest safe way to make sure TCC doesn't come on while on dyno?

I will give that command a go thanks Charlay, I know it's commanding TCC off too I just want to make doubly sure!

Thanks again everyone for comments & tips!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I just modified the VX ADX I have to see if it works in my car before I test on another car, but now everytime I o to edit ADX TP5 crashes!

Does anyone know why that would be, I had a similar thing happen when trying to open the $A5 ADX that jayme had done?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by charlay86 »

I've had that issue before, I think it is a bug in tunerpro, to do with how it manages it's settings.
try this:
close tuner pro
go into "..My Documents\TunerPro Files\"
delete "TPSPMSettings.dat" and "TunerProSettings.dat"
open tuner pro
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

DOH!!!

I tried that & then had to reset where all my files were... no big deal...

But then still the same issue when I have that ADX loaded & then try & go into edit that ADX, crash everytime?

Does it to anyone else with that particular ADX?
Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Fri May 18, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by charlay86 »

I managed to open and edit that XDF without any problem.
Might have to re-install tunerpro
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VL400 »

Close any open logs, had that problem too and was the open/loaded XDL file that caused it.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks guys I'll try close any open xdl, but I would have thought when I deleted those other settings it may have removed any xdl's too!

But I'll follow up 2morro, thanks for checking charlay & the idea VL!
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

well it has me stuffed, I just tried close log file & then try edit ADX & CRASH!

I then uninstalled TP5 & searched all of C drive for anything named tunerpro & deleted & did a fresh install & still the same thing CRASH!

I had this with my other laptop a week ago too when I was trying to load VL400 & Jayme's ADX for $A5, seems weird I wonder why it's only doing it on my laptop's?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by antus »

Those adx files say "do not hand edit, trust me" inside the files... perhaps that one has been hand edited? tunerpro assumes it wrote the files and if certain text fields are longer than they would normally be in a tuner pro written file it does not check and it causes problems. This can show up differently on different PCs. I might crash yours and cause some wierdness on another (wierdness that perhaps has not been noticed). See if you can load and save the file under a different filename without a crash. Then restart tunerpro and load the new copy and see how that goes.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

oh, that makes sense as I did edit them & delete the wideband integration stuff, as I have mine set t dyno & not wired back into PCM as it's too hard on the ecotec onwards PCM's!

So try renaming it in windows, open it up in tp5 & rename again & then try reloading? is that what you mean sorry to sound lame!

Thanks for the advice

EDIT: FIXED I did as above & worked flawlessly, even the 1 windows renamed can be edit now too! THANKS AGAIN!

Now to test it out