V6 piston choices?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: V6 piston choices?
damn, the software isn't running. Looks like i've only got a copy of the installed software and not the installation files 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: V6 piston choices?
just had a look and they have a demo. its not downloadable though. I found some download sites and they link to the makers site with no downloads. logic much?
keen to just have a play with it before I buy it. too bad you cant buy a license and download it, only comes on CD which they have to mail it which I cant wait that long! a week or 2 is too long

keen to just have a play with it before I buy it. too bad you cant buy a license and download it, only comes on CD which they have to mail it which I cant wait that long! a week or 2 is too long
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: V6 piston choices?
From the heads i've had flowed, extra lift does nothing...
Without major intake and port work anyways
Without major intake and port work anyways
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: V6 piston choices?
I can get the software to run but only in demo mode. Getting a sub-registry key failure (which makes sense as the software was never installed on this machine). So it runs but I can't do anything with it 
Up to what lift?Biggvl wrote:From the heads i've had flowed, extra lift does nothing...
Without major intake and port work anyways
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: V6 piston choices?
bugger it! I just bought it.
summit racing had it the cheapest with good postage price.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COMP-Softwar ... 4d28df33f7
been a long time since I paid for software.
summit racing had it the cheapest with good postage price.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COMP-Softwar ... 4d28df33f7
been a long time since I paid for software.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: V6 piston choices?
Good one mate, you'll have it sussed in no time !
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: V6 piston choices?
yep, and then I can look at this famous 260rwKw ecotec combo next 
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: V6 piston choices?
a true flat top in a buick will come in at nearly 14:1 at zero deck bit much for street duties .i alkso have some flow files when you get dynosim if it doesnt come with buick ones
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: V6 piston choices?
yeah those flat top hypatech have standard vn/vp compression height so they dont come up all the way in the bore.
should get flat top with near 0 squish on a VR head
probably be close to 16:1, diesel buick ftw!
should get flat top with near 0 squish on a VR head