Delco Jeep

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
v6bucket

Re: Delco Jeep

Post by v6bucket »

Holden202T. The engine is a straight 6, just like a 202.
Dylan, The injectors are new Bosch 0280 155 777 from VT Commodore.
The easiest way for me to show the difference is in the bins attached.
This is what I changed it too, it was used in a 202 UC Torana that I had a few years ago.
OSE_$12P_BLCD_Jeep 6 V112.5.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
This is what I started with from the "12P Custom Tunes" page.
OSE_$12P_BLCD_straight6 V111.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Best bet is to load up a vt v6 bin and get the values from that.
Vt runs 3.5 bar fuel pressure but will be a good start.

It's common to run vt injectors on older models so someone might no how much the values vary, if at all.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

The Jeep runs 3.4 bar fuel pressure, so should be close enough.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Here's a quick mod I done. I've included the injector offsets from a VT V6 bin.
With the injector add on table I read somewhere once from The1 (I think) that in the VT-VY tunes Holden done some cheating.
So they may be irrelevant for this. I've made them the same a VT but maybe worth researching yourself or setting them to zero.

Your VE table will be out now but I think this is a better base to start. Run the wideband over it and see how it comes up.

*EDIT* Holy cow is that spark map A for real? That's a lot of timing especially coming on so early.
Is it that much at the motor or is your reference angle out? Id check it in diagnostic mode see how much you have on the balancer.
Attachments
OSE_$12P_BLCD_Jeep 6 V112.5newinjectoroffset.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks Dylan. I did say that it was rough.
The reference angle is correct, these engines don't have a lot of compression, I think that they were made to run on anything that sort of burns. I had a play with the timing today but it will all be confirmed on a dyno when I'm happy to put it on.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

To much timing can kill power off even if there's no detonation.
I would think 28deg would pull it up. Bring that in by peak ve then taper up to 30 by peak rpm at 100kpa.
High 30's at cruising rpm say 2000rpm 30kpa. Whatever it sits on at 100kph.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I loaded the bin that Dylan put up, had play up & down the street made a few adjustments including changing the spark map to the BLCD map, but I stillget this lean period at about 1400rpm, just like there is a compensation table causing it. Is it acceptable to adjust a batch of cells with a jump 20% then back down in the next row of cells? Or am I missing something else?
V112.5.58.xdl
(114.64 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yep, perfect fine to do that. it its what the engine want, give it to it.

there is places where intake side will resonate producing increases in VE in certain areas.

look at the 304 and it bananas. they spike at 4000 rpm or around there from memory and its a big spike.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

its not unheard of. on a car with a come racing manifold, I had to have just one cell at WOT 20% higher than the cell before or after it. I Can only put it down to a weird harmonic in the manifold at only that particular RPM.... if I left it smooth, I would get a lean spike in the wideband going over that cell... if I put the big spike in the VE table, then wideband was smooth..
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Jayme wrote:its not unheard of. on a car with a come racing manifold, I had to have just one cell at WOT 20% higher than the cell before or after it. I Can only put it down to a weird harmonic in the manifold at only that particular RPM.... if I left it smooth, I would get a lean spike in the wideband going over that cell... if I put the big spike in the VE table, then wideband was smooth..

thats it :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.