I’m sure you already have this, but it’s a good reference.
https://www.lsenginediy.com/crankshaft- ... als-guide/
Inline 6 on a 0411 P59?
-
turbo_v6
- Posts: 513
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Yes, I have that. The question I can't seem to find an answer for is;bubba2533 wrote:I’m sure you already have this, but it’s a good reference.
https://www.lsenginediy.com/crankshaft- ... als-guide/
At what point in that cycle does the #1 cylinder fire? When the sync changes from high to low or low to high?
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Cincinnatus
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:49 am
- cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
I read somewhere that when cam signal goes low to high is tdc #1. So computer would adjust spark time based from that.
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Cincinnatus wrote:I read somewhere that when cam signal goes low to high is tdc #1. So computer would adjust spark time based from that.
That's what I thought. I just wasn't sure.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
There is a learn sequence for that too. But I've never done it.
It's interesting to see on the picture with the crankshaft pulses and the camshaft hi low we see 6 crank pulses for a revolution. Have you gone to 6 or still at 3?
It's interesting to see on the picture with the crankshaft pulses and the camshaft hi low we see 6 crank pulses for a revolution. Have you gone to 6 or still at 3?
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
I have the learn sequence but haven't done it yet.Dylan wrote:There is a learn sequence for that too. But I've never done it.
It's interesting to see on the picture with the crankshaft pulses and the camshaft hi low we see 6 crank pulses for a revolution. Have you gone to 6 or still at 3?
There are 3 pulses per 360 deg of rotation of the crankshaft. The image shows 6 pulses per 720 deg rotation of the crankshaft.
So what it shows is 2 rotations of the crankshaft and 1 rotation of the camshaft.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Ahh very good then
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
So I got the O2 sensor hooked up today and on the short test run I made it really helped it. I'll be driving it about 60 miles tomorrow, so we'll see how it does.
I'm running one O2 with it hooked to the input to both bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. I'm using bank 1 sensor 1 12v to heat it. I turned the DTC off for the other O2.
I've also got the fans running off the computer.
I'm running one O2 with it hooked to the input to both bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. I'm using bank 1 sensor 1 12v to heat it. I turned the DTC off for the other O2.
I've also got the fans running off the computer.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
She sounds like she humming along then! If the o2 sensor makes a big difference then that sounds like the tune could use a few tweaks! but thats all part of the fun right 
Have you got any pics of what your dizzy looks like, you say you use it for sync signal so i assume its got a 50% on 50% off trigger wheel or similar in it ?
Have you got any pics of what your dizzy looks like, you say you use it for sync signal so i assume its got a 50% on 50% off trigger wheel or similar in it ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Holden202T wrote:She sounds like she humming along then! If the o2 sensor makes a big difference then that sounds like the tune could use a few tweaks! but thats all part of the fun right
Have you got any pics of what your dizzy looks like, you say you use it for sync signal so i assume its got a 50% on 50% off trigger wheel or similar in it ?
Yeah, I've never changed anything in a Bin file until I did this setup. So I'm learning, and it is fun to play with engines.
I've built a lot of engines for street cars and the drag strip. But they were all carbed engines.
The "dizzy" is a stock Jeep unit, 1996 I think. I did move the trigger wheel about 130-140 deg. I just estimated where it should be.
The pic of the trigger wheel is from before I moved it. I'll have to get a pic of where it sits now.
The other pic is the pickup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bad things happen FAST!!!