I actually used a P59 with OS 12587603. So just remember that as I talk about the 0411.
So, if I'm reading correctly, I can run a inline 6 on a 0411 pcm.
I'll need to put a 3x crank trigger and a 1x cam signal.
If I'm reading correctly, I can run port fuel injection and a distributor for ignition.
Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone ever done this?
I've read several posts where people said they were going to do this but they never finished the project or just never posted that they did.
I'll be machining my own crank reluctor and maybe building a custom distributor. The pcm I'll be using is a 0411 with this bin.
Inline 6 on a 0411 P59?
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Inline 6 on a 0411 P59?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thorwon on Fri May 05, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
i have used a 6 + 1 crank trigger and jackaroo DFI module along with an 0411 pcm and loom, and i did get it to run, but never properly, i also ran it with a very home made cam sensor.
the long and the short of it is, there are v6's running them factory, so it should be possible if you replicate that setup, but its never going to have 6 coils and sequential injection like the V8 does ....
the long and the short of it is, there are v6's running them factory, so it should be possible if you replicate that setup, but its never going to have 6 coils and sequential injection like the V8 does ....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Holden202T wrote:i have used a 6 + 1 crank trigger and jackaroo DFI module along with an 0411 pcm and loom, and i did get it to run, but never properly, i also ran it with a very home made cam sensor.
the long and the short of it is, there are v6's running them factory, so it should be possible if you replicate that setup, but its never going to have 6 coils and sequential injection like the V8 does ....
From what I can find I'll need a 3x crank and a 1x cam signal and it should run like the factory 4.3l V6.
That's what I'm going to try. So we'll see.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
turbo_v6
- Posts: 513
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Yeah that should work just fine with a 4.3l V6 tune
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Fit a 3x same as a V6. Forget the cam sensor.
Then run a DFI of say a VS V6 and run the reference signal back to the 0411. Let the DFI take care of the firing order.
Set the calibration for low res mode like all the V6's were.
Then run a DFI of say a VS V6 and run the reference signal back to the 0411. Let the DFI take care of the firing order.
Set the calibration for low res mode like all the V6's were.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
How would that determine No1 cylinder?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
The DFI determines that, I probably should of mentioned run cam and 18X to the DFI. Leave the cam off the 0411 it needs a different signal to the DFI.
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Dylan wrote:The DFI determines that, I probably should of mentioned run cam and 18X to the DFI. Leave the cam off the 0411 it needs a different signal to the DFI.
Sounds like a good system but I'm just looking for something simple to make my old jeep truck run.
What I'm looking at is a 6x and 1x mounted in a distributor or a 3x mounted on the crank and a 1x in the distributor.
I haven't decided which one I'm going to build.
I have no experience with a DFI. Can you show me what it is?
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
The jeep is a very common conversion to the 0411.
The V6 in America runs a distributor that runs a signal for every cylinder (6X) and use the dissy to do the firing order and with the ECU in low res the injectors will be in batch fire.
Jeeps have been done a few times
The V6 in America runs a distributor that runs a signal for every cylinder (6X) and use the dissy to do the firing order and with the ECU in low res the injectors will be in batch fire.
Jeeps have been done a few times
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Im looking at doing a similar setup but with an 0411 on a 304. Ill make up a 24 tooth reluctor and use the distributors cam sensor signal. Then it should in theory run like factory some what.