VF Commodore Steering Rack

E38 E92 and many others. Approximately 2007 and newer
hjtrbo
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: VF Commodore Steering Rack

Post by hjtrbo »

My vf parks itself. That means there exists the possibility to remotely control the steering wheel. Autonomous.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VF Commodore Steering Rack

Post by vlad01 »

That's good to know it keeps going once it's already going. I figured there would have to be some safety features like that.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VF Commodore Steering Rack

Post by Holden202T »

hjtrbo wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2026 12:44 pm My vf parks itself. That means there exists the possibility to remotely control the steering wheel. Autonomous.
yep and i reckon thats why it has the steering angle sensor, not actually for the rack itself but so the auto parking knows where the wheels are.