Muncies vy Turbo v6
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
I carried the shortblock from the ute thru the house into garage........ think they could have done more on the weight savings to be honest.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
No need to go to the gym tonight then.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
The fact you could carry it meant they succeeded. I can't lift the Buick ones, not unless the block is empty.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
New engines in and running hell its almost run I've been driving shit out of it! Its a little doughy down low but surprisingly wants to rev hard from 3000rpm onwards that. Im so used to clapped out engines Im not used to something so quiet and clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
That didn't take you long.
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Whats your timing off boost or really low boost numbers before you "feel boost hit" area. From the sounds of it being doughy, timing is way off and or fueling is wack.Muncie wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 4:55 am New engines in and running hell its almost run I've been driving shit out of it! Its a little doughy down low but surprisingly wants to rev hard from 3000rpm onwards that. Im so used to clapped out engines Im not used to something so quiet and clean.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Its naturally Aspirated on v1.0a at moment only has 850cc injector parameters loaded and crank tables updated so it runs and drives, turbos not going back on till its road legal again bit of a process here in nz.
My previous turbo tune left a lot to be desired......... like power mainly. Will creep up on this tune a bit more carefully im still learning and know it. I slapped together a l67 wrecker engine to do an event last year and it shat bed after 20 minutes it was a bit clapped out before it went in I should of known better and not wasted time.
My previous turbo tune left a lot to be desired......... like power mainly. Will creep up on this tune a bit more carefully im still learning and know it. I slapped together a l67 wrecker engine to do an event last year and it shat bed after 20 minutes it was a bit clapped out before it went in I should of known better and not wasted time.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Maybe start with a L67 timing map seeing as you basically built a L67 bottom end.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
I only got as far as a Paris Hilton tune "rich and retarded" I tried copying over L67 timing tables it didn't perform that well at all absolutely asthmatic compared to stock with timing pulled under boost I might revisit again as this was over 13 months ago now im more comfortable with tunerpro and things in general.
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
How much boost, what timing ?