Spotted the secret kit kat stash
CF Bedford Van
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: CF Bedford Van
The brake lines have turned out really well!
Spotted the secret kit kat stash
Spotted the secret kit kat stash
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
lol I didn't realise what you meant at first! unfortunately that one and the m&m's containers are no longer lolly jars, they are for nuts and bolts!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
So the Bedford now has working front brakes!! 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
Where did you get the brake hoses made?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
local place called Carters Brake & Clutch, they have everything for custom making stuff and reasonable prices.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
It's gonna be sad when all these lovely parts you are adapting start disappearing. I think of some of the work I have done 20 odd years ago and back then the parts were being junked and you almost got them for nothing now their either impossible to find or worth a fortune to buy. The later the car gets the less practical it looks to adapt and swap but I hope I am wrong and that's not the case.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
you are right I think.Charlescrown wrote:It's gonna be sad when all these lovely parts you are adapting start disappearing. I think of some of the work I have done 20 odd years ago and back then the parts were being junked and you almost got them for nothing now their either impossible to find or worth a fortune to buy. The later the car gets the less practical it looks to adapt and swap but I hope I am wrong and that's not the case.
I got a pretty nice R31 rear disk conversion for my VW but I haven't used it as I dont want to install stuff that isn't supported anymore. There is almost no spares for the R31 rear calipers and very poor condition calipers are worth a fortune, I bought 2 sets and both were junk and prices were 150-200 for 2nd hand set. I wont be making that mistake again lol
So I im thinking of using more obtainable Porsche 944 brakes as they are almost bolt on and superior in design and reliability and will always be supported globally.
This is why I buy new and NOS parts in bulk where I can to support myself way into the future.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
Just what I feared. I have R31 rear calipers on my Lancer with the diff shortened (by me) so it looks like I need to watch out for some spares. Sad Sad.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
pain in the ass! When I bought dud calipers , 2 times in a row and gave up, that was 3 years ago. Imagine now.Charlescrown wrote:Just what I feared. I have R31 rear calipers on my Lancer with the diff shortened (by me) so it looks like I need to watch out for some spares. Sad Sad.
When PBR was bought out by Bosch in 2012 I think then all new spare manufacturing stopped while the takeover was underway. I am pretty certain that Bosch wouldn't have re-initiated manufacturing of many old model spares.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
that's why I am trying to use standardish stuff .... eg. VT-VZ brakes, means there will be a lot of cars in wreckers for many years to come for a lot of the parts and also hoping that places will still be selling rebuild kits and the like for a lot of it.
which that actually brings me to a thought about tyres, I just recently got new tyres on the daily (Bridgestone Potenza RE003 - 225/50/17) and was looking at the same tyres for the Bedford, turns out there are very few options at least in a Bridgestone for a 15 inch rim these days! I remember when this was the case with 13 inch old holden wheels and that's when I converted the Torana to commodore stud pattern!
who knows might be installing a battery bank and electric motor into the Bedford in 20 years time to repower it lol!
which that actually brings me to a thought about tyres, I just recently got new tyres on the daily (Bridgestone Potenza RE003 - 225/50/17) and was looking at the same tyres for the Bedford, turns out there are very few options at least in a Bridgestone for a 15 inch rim these days! I remember when this was the case with 13 inch old holden wheels and that's when I converted the Torana to commodore stud pattern!
who knows might be installing a battery bank and electric motor into the Bedford in 20 years time to repower it lol!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread