Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yep, biggest leak by far is the quarter glass. They pour water in when they perish.

This wasn't actually leaking on the white car, but was going to sooner or later. On the shitbox, it was merely a weep and that car I think was the worst case, as you can see it's seal was total trash and yet the leaking was very minimal. Lucky to be a teaspoon after a long days rain and only some days, not all days that rained.

You can certainly make some seals from self adhesive foam rubber from Clark Rubber. I recommend the neoprene foam self adhesive rolls there. You'll probably have to cut them down to the right width. I get the 50mm wide so I can make most seals as I need.

I actually just bought brand new vents since I got them for about $40 each, mainly to save time and piss farting around making seals. I have less energy these days and new vents were available for a price I was willing to trade money for not having to expend physical and mental effort for. You can't by the seals separate, they come part of the vents. Plus I wasn't sure on the original uncompressed seal thickness. Looks to be around 6-7mm thick when new, now that I had the new vents in hand.